6.3 Entry Card Retention

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Canadian Paddler

6.3 Entry Card Retention

Post by Canadian Paddler » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:17 pm

There is duplication in the rulebook that refers to the treatment of entry cards after a race. These have become different over time. This option seeks to remove the rules where possible, and where rules remain, they should be in agreement that cards do not need to be retained for significant time after the end of the competition. ............................................................. Page 115
19.4.4 DELETE.
19.7.7 DELETE
19.7.8 Send one copy of the results to the Officials Ranking Officer. Ensure athletes gender, event and division are listed.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

davebrads

Re: 6.3 Entry Card Retention

Post by davebrads » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:42 am

I was surprised to find that my third place had changed to a fourth when the results came through the post many years ago. The fact that we had to wait for the results to be printed and sent out should give some idea of how long ago it was. I never questioned it but an additional penalty had been added to my score which suggested that the ranking officer had checked the results against the cards. It was my best ever result in Division 1 kayak, beating a certain up and coming junior paddler who was now awarded third place ahead of me. I never offered to hand my prize over to him though.

Sorry Dan Goddard.

There, I feel better now for that confession.

Dee

Re: 6.3 Entry Card Retention

Post by Dee » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:20 am

Yup! Back in the day, the ranking officer would check the results against the cards and update errors. Was quite tedious! This carried on until relatively recently when it was decided that results were made final on the day of racing to allow certainty regarding promotions
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!