What is the Spectators Race in Online Entries and What do I do?

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Dee

What is the Spectators Race in Online Entries and What do I do?

Post by Dee » Sat May 08, 2021 4:48 pm

If you are entering a competition via Online Entries, you may have come across a “Spectators” race which is clearly a tad confusing as it is not really a race at all!

Paddlers entering other races do not need to enter the Spectators race, but if you are attending and not racing eg parent, coach, general-dogsbody then we need to collect your name.

Please click the red button at the top of the entry page and follow the instructions

If there is no red button then the competition is not using this method to collect names and you do not need to do anything!

If you need to cancel Spectator entries you can do so at https://www.canoeslalomentries.co.uk/ye ... my-entries

Apologies for this all being rather unintuitive, but canoeslalomentries was not designed with a pandemic in mind!
Last edited by Dee on Sun May 09, 2021 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Dee

Re: What is the Spectators Race in Online Entries and What do I do?

Post by Dee » Sun May 09, 2021 6:47 am

Just for clarity here, not all competitions are using “Spectators” to collect data. So, if you can’t see a spectators race then you don’t need to do anything.
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Dee

Post by Dee » Sun May 09, 2021 3:14 pm

OK my first attempt was obviously as clear as mud, so I've updated the system and the first post.

Red button on entry page mean attending parents and hangers on should register as spectators.

No red button then nothing to do

alan1nckc

Post by alan1nckc » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:12 pm

I see that quite a lot of the paddlers entering our October Nene event have also entered as spectators. It even shows the spectators races as occurring on Saturday and Sunday. Are they expecting to get an extra event I wonder?

Dee

Post by Dee » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:26 pm

I thought it would be obvious that spectators was for those not paddling and would allow organisers to get and idea of overall numbers and lists of attendees. Clearly I got that wrong!

Some people have clearly understood but as soon as one person books in twice every one else follows suit.

I tried and failed on this one. Will probably take it out next year!

JimW

Post by JimW » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:40 pm

Some parents and siblings just register in the spectator list as the paddler they are supporting rather than create a new non-ranking persona.

Dee

Post by Dee » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:29 pm

… which is not what’s needed. Hey ho. Hopefully not needed next year