Yahoo, aol and Verizon email addresses

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Dee

Yahoo, aol and Verizon email addresses

Post by Dee » Mon May 31, 2021 8:31 am

If you are on a yahoo hosted email address (includes aol and Verizon), you may experience issues in receiving emails from canoeslalomentries and therefore be unable to log on.

According to the service we use for these automated emails (a company called postmark), Yahoo have confirmed that caused by a recent configuration change to yahoo servers which they are trying to fix.

If this applies to you then all I can suggest is that you leave it 12hrs or so and then retry until fixed (contact the competition organiser if urgent). This has been going on for a few days and may not affect everyone all of the time but I am seeing an increase in delayed/bounced emails to these addresses.
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

JFNG

Re: Yahoo, aol and Verizon email addresses

Post by JFNG » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:35 pm

Have you considered AWS SES? I think for the scale of CanoeSlalomEntries, SES would actually be free.

Dee

Re: Yahoo, aol and Verizon email addresses

Post by Dee » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:32 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. However, aws is only free if you are paying them for hosting, and we are not!

Also, we’ve been happy with the service provided by postmarkapp. This glitch was not of their making and significant glitches are rare. Finally we bulk paid for emails years ago and got a really good deal, so we have years of emails prepaid. :lol: :lol:
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!