Bibs

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Dee

Re: Bibs

Post by Dee » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:49 am

I presume the first post was for a K1 bib and the second for a C1 bib? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

davieq

Post by davieq » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:22 pm

Posted twice by mistake. K1 more than enough for me :D :lol:

JimW

Post by JimW » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:14 pm

I'm confused now!

I sent both my bibs back and got a voucher for my div 2 C1 bib (thanks Nigel) and nothing for my vets K1 bib, but that was expected because we were advised that Paul wouldn't be sending out vouchers.

Trying to apply and not completely understanding if bib voucher and automatic credit count as different payments, so did my C1 bib first, and it came up with no charge only the £2 shipping.
Now trying to apply for my vets bib and it is coming up with a £10 charge plus £2 shipping, I can see an option to use a voucher to pay the £10 but not for an automatic credit.
So has the system applied my vets credit to my C1 application?
If so do I use my C1 voucher against my vets bib? And how does that work anyway, do I need to post it to Paul once I've applied? And will Paul even accept it since he didn't issue any?

Do we have any more new systems for me to break? :D

Terryg

Post by Terryg » Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:46 am

Jim, just click on the use a voucher to pay and it will sort itself out.

Terryg

Post by Terryg » Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:47 am

Jim, just click on the use a voucher to pay and it will sort itself out.

JimW

Post by JimW » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:46 am

OK that seems to have worked. Thanks Terry.

PS: is there a forum bug causing random double postings?

Terryg

Post by Terryg » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:40 pm

Definitely a bug.
The board refused my post and came up with phpBB error message. I couldn't find a way to report this to Steve at the time.
Later, the post came up twice, a minute apart.

Seedy Paddler

Post by Seedy Paddler » Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:42 am

Jasper wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:11 pm
Hi all.

Can someone please comment on how to get your Bib Deposit of £8 back if you have a voucher from last year but don't intend to race again this season?

I can't seem to find anything about that anywhere.

Thanks in advance.
Jasper
New system in place see: - http://www.canoeslalom.co.uk/info/refun ... eposit.htm

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:13 pm

A bit of explanation

In the prefect world all paddlers would have received paper bib vouchers at the end of the season, even better none would have been given out and instead credits would have been loaded on to the bib application system (BAS). For many reasons this did not happen and a bit of confusion has resulted.

Some paddlers will have vouchers, others will not, if you are missing a voucher but RETURNED your bib, just apply using the bib voucher option and email the bib officer to explain why you can't send it.

Some paddlers will have credits on their account (vets and PK1M from memory). In this case the credit will be applied automatically to your basket. If you apply for 2 bibs and you have one credit, you will be asked to pay for the other or supply a voucher.

Confusion arises when you apply for say a PC1M bib and it uses your PK1M credit, then you apply for your PK1M bib, all you need to do is send your PC1M voucher in. The result is the same.

Next year every bib returned will results in a credit on your account, there will be no vouchers and life will be a little simpler, no more ransacking the house for your voucher.

If you are confused, worried your are doing the wrong thing, can't find a voucher or anything else just get in touch with the bib officer and it will be sorted. If you've been wrongly charged get in touch, it will be resolved. Its a new system there will be issues, issues can be resolved all we ask is patience and a smile.

Use a laptop/desktop, you'll find it easier, its a bit fiddly on a phone.

Hope that helps
Duncan