Bibs

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
djberriman

Bibs

Post by djberriman » Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:06 pm

Please do not apply for a bib, it's far too early and bib numbers haven't been issued yet, you'll be wasting your time if you do.

The bib list will be published in early January, in plenty of time for the first race in March.

Your volunteers are working hard to ensure your new bib is ready for you and that all the various processes and procedures that happen magically every year happen this year.

Bear with us, volunteers need holidays too, its Christmas, New Year and Covid is still with us.

Seedy Paddler

Re: Bibs

Post by Seedy Paddler » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:31 am

However if you feel the need to consider Bibs, there may still be time to return your bib from last year or even clear out the clutter from past years. I keep seeing and hearing how the sport is very expensive, yet circa 20% of the bibs issued during 2020-21 have still to be returned......

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:43 pm

If you check out the 2022 ranking lists you should find your new bib number but don't apply yet.

If however you are listed as NR (Not Ranked) NB (No bib) it means you didn't race in the 20/21 season. Have no fear, we've made it easier this year, all you need to do is email your bib officer (address at top of list) and ask them to allocate you a bib number then you can start entering races.

If you are not listed at all it means you didn't race in 2019. All is not lost, just email Nick Penfold and ask for reinstatement citing the division, class and the last year you were ranked.

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:05 pm

Yes its true, thanks to a lot of work by Matt Stephens you can now apply for your bib online.

We've done our best to think of everything and test it as much as possible.

There may be issues, its a new system, issues will be sorted, please give all the volunteers time to sort any teething problems. They are new to the system and lots of things aren't quite as they should be due to the last 2 years.

Don't expect instant replies your bib officer maybe busy or away.

Thanks
Duncan

Dee

Post by Dee » Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:45 pm

Well done to you and Matt
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:16 pm

144 applications in, 46 on there way, 2 of which have already arrived!

Some paddlers will have an electronic bib credit (most PK1M and Vets), this will be automatically used if you have one, the rest should have paper vouchers but if that's not the case just contact your bib officer, if you returned your bib, all will be fine.

At the end of this season bib vouchers will be no more, you will all get credited with a bib credit to make things even simpler.

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:34 pm

To apply for bib see Nick's website

http://www.canoeslalom.co.uk/info/BibAp ... em2022.htm

If you don't understand anything consult the step by step guide.

http://www.canoeslalom.co.uk/committee/ ... _a_bib.pdf

Jasper

Post by Jasper » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:11 pm

Hi all.

Can someone please comment on how to get your Bib Deposit of £8 back if you have a voucher from last year but don't intend to race again this season?

I can't seem to find anything about that anywhere.

Thanks in advance.
Jasper

Terryg

Post by Terryg » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:40 pm

Secretary Man

Post by Secretary Man » Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:57 pm

Remember that it is much quicker to provide bank details than to send an sae for a return cheque
Hon Secretary to the British Canoeing Slalom Committee
( a different Id is used for personal rants and raves)

CeeBee

Post by CeeBee » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:28 pm

Are the funds for returning bib deposits kept separate from the usual Slalom Account funds?

If all of the paddlers who have given up in the last couple of year requests their bib deposit back, I suspect this could be a considerable sum.

I'm not sure what the committee finances look like but they can't be great after 2 years with minimal racing. So I wondered if those that afford to do so and have enjoyed the sport over the last few years, would consider donating their bib deposit to the sport.

Secretary Man

Post by Secretary Man » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:14 pm

The annual accounts always show a balance being held as bib deposits. Calculated from the number of bibs in circulation and issued.
The rules give a fixed time to return a bib but that is always after the ACM so we do not know how many bibs are being kept and how many will take the voucher and never cash it.
The accounts from this years ACM are on the website if you want to check stability, but we were in a good state pre lockdown and expenses were also down so still ok even with liability for bibs.
Hon Secretary to the British Canoeing Slalom Committee
( a different Id is used for personal rants and raves)

davieq

Post by davieq » Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:22 am

Applied for my bib last Thursday, received it yesterday, fantastic easy to use system. Well done.👏

davieq

Post by davieq » Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:22 am

Applied for my bib last Thursday, received it yesterday, fantastic easy to use system. Well done.👏

Dee

Post by Dee » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:49 am

I presume the first post was for a K1 bib and the second for a C1 bib? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!