Applying for bib when promoted

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
djberriman

Applying for bib when promoted

Post by djberriman » Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:36 pm

If you get promoted please read the F.A.Q. which is highlighted at the top of the page in the bib application system (BAS).

Please do not return your bib as soon as you think you are promoted, it will not speed things up and it least one case the paddler wasn't promoted.

Wait for the results to be loaded, your promotion to be confirmed and your new bib to appear on the ranking system.

Then login to BAS and 'return' the old bib and then in the same basket 'apply' for the new one. You will only be charged for postage.

If you return the old bib as a separate transaction it will take longer to get your new bib and you may be charged if you then apply for your new bib before your old bib has been marked as received.

Doing it the wrong way causes more work for the bib officers and the treasurer.

Please only use the 'voucher' option if you actually have a voucher or have been instructed to use the voucher option by the bib officer.

Dee

Re: Applying for bib when promoted

Post by Dee » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:05 pm

Just for clarity, unless I’m mistaken this does not apply to Div 4s promoted to div 3

Thes paddlers will have their success confirmed by the competition organisers and won’t have a bib to return
They will not be allocated a bib number until they have applied for a bib.
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:21 pm

Dee is correct, my post relates to paddlers with a bib (in divisions 1,2 or 3)

Div 4 paddlers should join BC/CANI/CW/CS and then apply for their bib after getting a promotion certificate at an event. As soon as they have applied (within a few hours) they can enter races online.

Seedy Paddler

Post by Seedy Paddler » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:02 pm

Please note that returning the bib on BAS is only the start of the process. You will still have to physically return the bib, that will take time for postage etc. Once we have received or can confirm receipt of the bib it will be checked in on the system and either credit generated or bib issued. It would assist if you were to email the relevant Bib Officers with a polite email just to advise that Bib X is in the post to Bib Officer Y. It may mean that only one of us keeps a weather eye out for the postie to allow the system to progress. On-line systems are great and we all believe in the fantasy of instant transactions now, but in reality there is a material transaction to take place and that can involve packages travelling the length and breadth of the UK.

Craig Douglas
Div 2 K1M Bib Officer