AGM/ACM Agenda - These are the motions to be discussed

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:38 am

6.1 That rule 36.2 be amended to read "......is accompanied by a deposit of £5 for Premier and Division 1 and £2 for all other divisions."

6.2 That where indicated in the Yearbook calendar, entrants may submit an email in lieu of an SAE. The organiser will ensure that the start and result lists are provided electronically within the same time scales as the paper version. The organiser can easily contact entrants in case of other problems.

6.3 For the 2005 season, a discount of £2 will be offered for second and subsequent entries at an event by the same competitor. A single discount may be earned oi claimed foi each boat in all classes except teams.

6.4 ICF Rule:
2.3 There are three types of international competitions:
Type A
Exclusively for national teams
Open to all Federations with a maximum of 3 boats per event per Federation.
Type B
Exclusively for national teams
Upon invitation of the organiser, with a maximum of 6 boats per event per Federation.
Type C
Open to all Federations
Number of competitors to be determined by the organisers.
Tees Kayak club propose that the Slalom Committee does not allow any C Classs International to be exclusively for national teams.

6.5 That Rule 34.1 be amended as follows:
B. Superfinal
Delete - (For the 2004 season only)
Championship
Delete - (For the 2004 season only)

6.6 Add (Rule 34.1)
"Single Run Race"
Time of single run in seconds + penalties = result.

6.7 To be inserted below point 5, page 41 of Yearbook, or equivalent in 2005
An ICF Class C International race can be reserved by the manager of a selected GB Team. In doing this, the following restrictions will come into effect. No athelete who competes in an age category equal or less than the reserving teams's age category may compete at that race e.g. if a race is reserved for the U18 age group, then only those selected for that team may compete, excluding anyone else within or below the U18 age limit. A senior or U23 athelete could compete.

6.8 An Open event at a Division 4 or 3 event should charge a fixed entry fee of £5. AtDouble Open events the fee should be £7.
At Division 2 Open Events, the entry fee should be the same as the Division 2 rates for both Juniors and Seniors, including Double Events.
At multi Division Events that includen a Division 2 event, if an Open Event is declared in the Yearbook then the competitor can opt to pay the £5/£7 rate, this cannot be used for experienced paddlers wishing to use their results for ranking purposes, they must enter the special Div 2 Open that can be run at any Division 2 event (last section of rule 2.2.2)
At Open events at Premier and Division 1 events, the entry fee should be at Premier/Division 1 rates.
The levy remaining at 45% for all Open Events.

I will repeat each as a poll, lets see if we can influence or agree with the meeting
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:39 am

It is a shame that there are no explanatory notes for these motions. 6.3 had a paragraph explaining the logic. Some of the other motions may be easier for clubs to discuss pre meeting if we knew why. The meeting is supposed to represent the views of all paddlers not just those that can attend. :ohwell:

I try to canvass views within my club before the meeting as I am their rep. This is hard when they ask WHY? to some changes.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

SteveM
Site Admin

Post by SteveM » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:41 pm

Thanks for all the effort posting these and the polls up, much appreciated!