14%
I Need more information to be able to tell  
57%
Please do not accept this motion
29%

Total votes: 7

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:57 am

An Open event at a Division 4 or 3 event should charge a fixed entry fee of £5. AtDouble Open events the fee should be £7.
At Division 2 Open Events, the entry fee should be the same as the Division 2 rates for both Juniors and Seniors, including Double Events.
At multi Division Events that includen a Division 2 event, if an Open Event is declared in the Yearbook then the competitor can opt to pay the £5/£7 rate, this cannot be used for experienced paddlers wishing to use their results for ranking purposes, they must enter the special Div 2 Open that can be run at any Division 2 event (last section of rule 2.2.2)
At Open events at Premier and Division 1 events, the entry fee should be at Premier/Division 1 rates.
The levy remaining at 45% for all Open Events
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:00 am

??? I do not understand why this is needed, unless it is to ensure that the Committee gets what is expected from as an admin fee from open events.

Would it not have been better to just state the admin fee required?

The wording (should be. . .) leaves it open for us to charge what ever we want, perhaps the exec will submit an amendment . . (will be . . . )

Leaves openings for entering at £5/£7 at div 2/1 multi division events.

Seems to me that the wording needs tightening, and the reasoning explaining. Can someone help??

Uh and, if I remember rightly l;evies are VATable, but admin fees are not, so surely the motion should refer to admin fees??
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.

davel

Post by davel » Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:13 pm

An Open event has been included as part of the successful format to the River Loddon Slalom. We have used it as a fun event so that the many higher ranked paddlers (without whom we could not have run the event) could have the opportunity to enter in whatever class or classes (we like to encourage everyone to try Canadians) at a cheap entry fee. Until recently, this was as a Div4/Open so no levy was payable. By including a Div3, we have had to pay a levy for the Open entries, but have felt it appropriate to keep the entry fee as the same as the Div4 (all classes £3.50)
Being forced to increase this seems unnecessary.

The wording of the motion seems to suggest that a levy of 45% of a fixed £5 entry fee may now be charged for Open entries of Div4/Open events where no levy has been payable in the past. Opens are usually fun events with many prize categories. This motion could make it too expensive for div 4 events to offer an Open category and certainly too expensive for paddlers to be encouraged to do different classes for fun.
:angry:

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:48 am

At ranking events (except division 4 only) the entry fee will be £5 for a single event and £7 for a double. The admin fee remaining at the uniform rate of 45%.
Entry fees at Division 4 only events are at the organiser’s discretion and attract no admin fee.
This was accepted nem con.

remember that as this was an ACM, all decisions have to be ratified by the elected committee, and possibly by the BCU board :ohwell: