83%
I Need more information to be able to tell
No votes
Please do not accept this motion
17%

Total votes: 12

jim croft

Post by jim croft » Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:24 pm

:) Sorry I should have said NOT allowed to run activites at H/P ie refreshments :verymad: for the silly mistake so I suppose I will be taken to task yet again

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:23 pm

Hey Jim, save your blushes next time, click on the 'Edit' on the top right of your post and correct it. :thumbsup:

With my tryping I need it. Just do not change the basic meaning after it may have been replied to! That confuses simple people like me ???
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

c2canoeslalom

Post by c2canoeslalom » Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:54 pm

Hey Canadian Paddler, Unfortunately I wont be able to make it to the Proteus winter slalom. However I would be interested to see the figures. Does this include a breakdown of what was spent? Thanks for being so helpful.
With regard to our 'european cousins' and courses they must end paying some sort of hiring fee as their facilities are not that different from our own. (Cunovo - Brats, the Trojan horse - Prague. France has many artificial courses.)
You refered to lower division events and negative profit. Do places like Matlock and Stone pay a hiring fee for the water?
I may be sticking my neck on the line here but o well. Entries have to be submitted through the BCU because the ICF doesn't recognise home nations. Although the BCU is the BRITISH canoe union you have to live in England to join it. So technically the BCU is the English national governing body of our sport.
FACT: BCU website regarding membership
If you live in Scotland, Ireland or Wales, then you need to join the relevant National Association:
Scottish Canoe Association (SCA) @ www.scot-canoe.org
Welsh Canoeing Association (WCA) @ www.welsh-canoeing.org.uk
If you live in Northern Ireland - Contact the Canoe Association for Northern Ireland (CANI) C/O David Bell Unit 2 Rivers Edge 13-15 Ravenhill Road Belfast BT6 8DN
Tel: 0870 2405065 Email: office@cani.org.uk www.cani.org.uk

I realise this is probably how things have always been done but I thought that it was an interesting view since the ICF doesn't recognise home nations.

Are there any paddlers/parents who think we are paying too much. Post a messgae if you disagree/agree with me. I'm now curious to see what paddlers think as so far the responses I've had so far are from non paddlers, apart from Canadian Paddler I believe, so only represent a small population of our sport.
RESIST OR SERVE

Mrs H

Post by Mrs H » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:46 pm

As an organiser and a committee member but foremost a parent of 2 paddlers I am in quite a good position to comment on fees. Yes they may seem excesive to many BUT without them at this level slalom would just not happen. Unfortunately money does noy grow on trees and slalom has to be funded somehow. very few clubs make any money on events, the slalom committee certainly doesn't, we end up runnung them because no one else wants to because there is no incentive i.e. profit for the club. Find us some big time sponsor please and we will all be quids in!!!

Mrs H

Post by Mrs H » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:46 pm

As an organiser and a committee member but foremost a parent of 2 paddlers I am in quite a good position to comment on fees. Yes they may seem excesive to many BUT without them at this level slalom would just not happen. Unfortunately money does noy grow on trees and slalom has to be funded somehow. very few clubs make any money on events, the slalom committee certainly doesn't, we end up runnung them because no one else wants to because there is no incentive i.e. profit for the club. Find us some big time sponsor please and we will all be quids in!!!

jim croft

Post by jim croft » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:45 am

:thumbsup: I have hired sites abroad Cunovo, Liptovsky Mikulas, Donly Kubin, Valtucey, Rounice,I could go on, to hire these sites is peanuts against H/P or Tees. The accounts were available at The ACM if you or your club's Rep had been at the ACM you would have been able to pick up a set, send me your name and address and a set will be posted to you. If your club is registered with the Slalom Committee then they would receive all the paperwork re our meetings.

JC Slalom Admin