88%
I Need more information to be able to tell
6%
Please do not accept this motion
6%

Total votes: 16

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:45 am

6.2 That where indicated in the Yearbook calendar, entrants may submit an email in lieu of an SAE. The organiser will ensure that the start and result lists are provided electronically within the same time scales as the paper version. The organiser can easily contact entrants in case of other problems.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:46 am

OK so the email costs are offset by the postal costs. BUT what format. If I use Star Office can you read it? I have problems reading old MSWorks formats, what happens if I get a start list I cannot read? Or send one out that can't be read by the recipient.
Generally in favour so I hope for thought /proposals before or at the meeting :thumbsup:
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.

SteveM
Site Admin

Post by SteveM » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:39 pm

Sounds a good idea to me if there is not too much admin overhead for the organiser. Would this be too complicated for a lot of people?

As for formats, Adobe PDF would be compatible with both Mac and PC, the viewer is free and there are free "print drivers" which will convert the output of your chosen office software into a PDF. I'll get a link to one tomorrow.

Cheers,

Steve

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:51 am

An amendment was proposed by Proteus and seconded by Viking Kayak club that the motion read

That where indicated in the Yearbook calendar, entrants may submit an email address in lieu of an SAE. The organiser will ensure that the start and result lists are published on the World Wide Web within the same timescales as the paper version. The organiser can easily contact entrants in case of other problems

The amendment was accepted with 33 votes for, 5 votes against and 4 votes abstaining.

The original motion was Proposed and seconded by Stafford & Stone Canoe Club

The motion was accepted with 40 votes for and 2 votes against.

remember that as this was an ACM, all decisions have to be ratified by the elected committee, and possibly by the BCU board :ohwell: