Masters, Veteran, vintage and just plain OLD - what shoul dwe call those over 35

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:44 pm

To fill the gap between now anf the Proteus winter slalom on 20 November (Oh did I say that already?) heres another topic for disussion.

So what should we call those over 35? There is a reducing number of us. From my advanced age they vets are getting younger and younger. Perhaps we should have prizes in age groups as well (I might actually win something then!)

Feel free to sugest new, or support ideas.

My tuppence worth, if we do not have age groups (V40, V45. . etc) :
:) Master (35-45)
:angry: Old Fart (45-55)
:( GOP {Grumpy Old Paddler} (55-65)
:D Veteran (over 60)

Guess which categories I am in?
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

iccle smurf

Post by iccle smurf » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:12 pm

as i have already commented on the type/name of ur classes on ur other topic ................. u dont have an age catergory for the 22 year old who i recon falls in to gop but is to young can u make an exception?

SteveM
Site Admin

Post by SteveM » Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:48 pm

Those categories are starting to sound more like it... could get used to being labelled "Master", lol!

Steve

Edited By SteveM on 1129502927

FatBoy

Post by FatBoy » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:26 am

Cycling you are Vet at 40 and Master at 50 - so with that slant I'll prefer to be called Vet! Only another 4 years :O

Kev.S

Post by Kev.S » Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:14 pm

Unbelieveable, here's me thinking i'm in the prime of my life and according to canadian paddler (AKA ~@#$*) i'm six months away from being classed an old fart, great!! :D

CP can I have a go in your Lotus before I get too old? :p
To err is human, if you really want to screw up, use a computer!!

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:17 pm

:D So Kev you are exposed as a callow youth! I am well into Old fart territory, with only being a GOP to look forward to!
:angry: decided to start next season, with being highly competitive, easily wound up, and encouraging no one.
so you had all better make the most of it by coming to Peterborough on 20 November
We have the boats waiting for you Kev. . . . What was it male S family vs female S family in open C2s? All at a bargian entry price.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.

Kev.S

Post by Kev.S » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:42 pm

Is something happening at Peterborough on the 20th of November, I don't remember it being mentioned, except at Tees (twice!!) or was it three times!!

Go on then, put me in for it, 20 years out of a slalom boat, I must be mad. Tell you what, me and the wife C2 but don't tell her. And just for old times sake K1.

Should give the kids something to extract the p*** out of their parents for, both masters mind you! Not quite old farts yet. :laugh: :laugh:
To err is human, if you really want to screw up, use a computer!!

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:16 pm

Just thought, cant have 'masters', 2 reasons <flack jacket on>
1) what do we call the ladies 'mistresses'? Are YOU brave enough???
2) how many men in this age group ARE masters in their own home? In my house my wife has the casting vote. Not a complaint, she has put up with my paddling for so long, I am happy to agree with her on almost everytrhing else so it was my decision. :blush: