Guests! - Why post under guest?

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Anne

Post by Anne » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:29 pm

There seem to be an awful lot of guests writing on this site! If you are a slalom paddler why not register properly and post under a name, preferably one that can identify you (even if not your own) then at least we can tell if it is a different person writing in or not or the same guest every time!

chauffeur

Post by chauffeur » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:40 pm

Unless it is altered so only registered useres can post some people will exercise their right to post as guests. If it was altered then the views of everyone wouldn't necessarily come out, and debate is good. Hopefully it eventually achieves a clear view of all views no matter what their bias is.

kanu.63

Post by kanu.63 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:24 pm

Well said chauffeur lets keep the door open for all.

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:44 am

Agree to keep open to all, but it would be nice if people could post under a namer other than 'guest', just as chauffeur has. Leaving the 'guest' post for whistle blowers and those afraid of backlash.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:44 pm

JUst be careful.

YOu don't want to choose a name that you might mis-type when you register.

SOrry CP!!
Out of Darkness cometh Light

totally anonymous

Post by totally anonymous » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:02 pm

Did I spell anonymous correctly, the whole point of the guest post is so they are anonymous. People are scared that if they air their views under a recognisable name, then reprisals will be taken by a) world class and maybe even b)slalom commitee. Occurances of a) have happened and b) could!!!! be careful!!