Should we revert to K1 Ladies rather theam Women? - Are the PC days over? you vote

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good

Should we revert to K1 Ladies rather theam Women? - Are the PC days over? you vote

K1W is wrong, they are mostly too young, should be K1G(irlies)
4%
K1W is OK, but lets throw out PC and revert to K1L
50%
Don't be sexist keep K1W
7%
K1F lets be really accurate!
7%
Who cares?
32%

Total votes: 28

John Sturgess

Post by John Sturgess » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:48 pm

In fact I don't think it is Europe - the Germans say Damen not Frauen, the French say Dames not Femmes. However like most things PC it is the USA that is in the lead ...

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:50 am

Just so everyone knows, this is NOT worth debate at the ACM. It should be handled under th 80/20 (or 75/25 as was) rulke, and if it does not pass at first vote, will be withdrawn. There are too many meaningful motions to be debated to waste time counting angels on a pinhead.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:44 pm

RESULT

This motion was handled under the 80/20 procedure and received 34 votes for, 23 votes against and 15 abstentions, and was then withdrawn.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points