Sick Paddlers - Not just at start of season

For
100%
Against
No votes

Total votes: 13

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:35 pm

8.11. P63, 3.1 para 3. In order to allow maximum discretion and consideration to paddlers having valid reasons for not paddling, it is proposed that this paragraph be amended as follows:
Delete the words ‘ the early’ in the first sentence and replace with ‘a major’. Also delete “injury, travel or work” and replace with “unforeseen circumstances” The sentence will read “…..race in the major part of the year due to unforeseen circumstances”

It is felt that at present this rule did not go far enough. It only dealt with one end of the season and did not take into account for example pregnancy.

Proposed by the Slalom Committee
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

FatBoy

Post by FatBoy » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:00 pm

Sounds a reasoanble aim but not sure about the wording "unforseen circumstances". I would hope the vast majority of pregnancies are not "unforseen" for example!

How about just binning that part of the sentence so it reads "Paddlers unable to race in the major part of the year, may apply...". I think the key parts are "unable" and "major part", not why you are "unable". I'm sure it then comes down to the Ranking Status office to determine whether you were "unable" and whether it was the "major part".

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:54 pm

RESULT

passed without opposition :)
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points