AGM Motions

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:41 pm

Just posted the ACM motions and elections - boy some of you are quick off the mark, with views AND votes before I had finished.

At present your votes are for interest only, but I am happy to take them to the ACM and let people know.

Just to repeat my offer. I am going to the ACM and if your club wants to vote on some of these, but cannot get anyone to go, then have a meeting, discuss it and name me as your proxy BUT remember to tell me how to vote, and what to do about amendments, do you want me to have any discression,

Enjoy

ps I have not voted in any yet, and will not be the first to vote, so dso nopt draw any conclusions, except that I am in favour of the Proteus motions
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

SteveM
Site Admin

Post by SteveM » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:09 pm

Thanks for doing this CP :)

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:56 pm

OK Folks, hot off the press, the unofficial results of the ACM. All posted in individual threads, and not ratified for distribution but should be OK :p
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

ElaineF

Post by ElaineF » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:12 pm

Many thanks Colin for updating the threads so quickly.

chauffeur

Post by chauffeur » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:24 pm

Pity about the BOGOF vote; but wonderful job giving everyone a chance to air their views on the forum. Thanks to Canadain PAddler!

Dave Royle

Post by Dave Royle » Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:05 pm

I think this is one of the best ACMs or AGMs I have been to.

Reports to the AGM were of good quality, presented well, positive and forward looking.

We had two elections (though the hustings were disappointing). Normally we struggle to have one person wanting to do a voluntary job so to have two people is a great luxury. And for two posts as well.

The motions too provided some interesting debate.