Late Entry Fees Linked to Inflation - Keep in line with costs

For
75%
Against
25%

Total votes: 12

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:23 pm

Entry fees have been linked to inflation for many years, whilst late entry fees have remained static. Linking both entry and late entry fees to inflation will provide for the current economic disincentive to be retained in the face of inflation.

By the time paddlers get to this level, they should know which events they are going to, and be ready to enter on time.
We do not favour changing late entry fees at lower levels, nor the introduction of a fee at Division 4.

Again Proteus suggestion
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:48 pm

RESULT

This motion was carried with 34 votes for, 28 votes against and 20 abstentions :D
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.

Jubbs

Post by Jubbs » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:51 am

What happens to those paddlers who have been promoted shortly before their next event, surely it cannot be deemed a late entry as they had no knowldge of promotion!!!!

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:20 pm

This change does not affect the ability to charge late entry fees, only the amount.

but look at page 78, rule 11.3, new promotions (within two weeks) are not liable to late entry fees

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:12 pm

Since when has Inflation been at 150% ??

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:07 pm

It's not, that was a seperate motion! This just means that as inflation takes hold, then the fee will go up from the current £2, but in 25p units. So if inflation runs at 5%, then late entry fees will rocket to £2.25 in 2008!

£5 later entry fee at Div1/P was a different motion and was defeated. If this is still not clear, why not send me a PM, or ring me - most people seem to know who I am, and where to fond me in the yearbook. :blush:
or check it with the new treasurer who is now resonsible for teh rules.