BOGOF for Div 2,3 & 4 - Enter Kayak & Canadian for 1 fee

For
75%
Against
25%

Total votes: 16

adsmum

Post by adsmum » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:08 pm

I sympathise with "broke". My son is 13 and Div 1 in K1 and C1. There is no junior discount in div 1 so, as he still wants to do both and enjoys both equally at present, it costs me £45 for a double (with the £2 discount!)- a couple of them a month is "noticeable" with all other costs (petrol being the main one) It does seem excessive when you think that they are only on the water for a few minutes at each race. A more generous discount would be greatly appreciated, (though I am not fully aware of the fees clubs have to pay out, so possibly don't have the full picture). :O

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:09 am

Remembering that this rule change removes the £2 vdiscount, and only goes to div 2. So no discount in div 1 for anyone :(
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Broke

Post by Broke » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:40 am

Guest wrote:it costs me £45 for a double (with the £2 discount!)-
Frightening, I'll slow his promotion down!!

adsmum

Post by adsmum » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:22 pm

Dear broke, Tried that one!

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:50 pm

RESULT:
This motion failed with 25 votes for, 35 votes against and 17 abstentions.
:(
The meeting noted that one of the major drawbacks to trying Canadian classes is the availability of boats at slaloms and at their own clubs.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.

chauffeur

Post by chauffeur » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:21 pm

As parents of a 12 year old son who is in both Div 2 K1 and C1 and desperately trying to decide which he wants to take forward in the future we are very disappointed in this result.
How are we to encourage young paddlers to come forward as future C1 paddlers??? :angry: :angry: :angry:
We will no doubt try to keep affording to enter him in both events but it doesn't look as though young paddlers are being encouraged to try in both events.
What if he finds a C2 partner as well!!!

c1 enthusiast

Post by c1 enthusiast » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:46 pm

Canadian PAddler wrote:RESULT:

The meeting noted that one of the major drawbacks to trying Canadian classes is the availability of boats at slaloms and at their own clubs.
Not sure this is true. Certainly at recent events Ken C. has had C1 boats available for any padddlers. Plus if you ask most clubs that organise events they will lend a C1. Stafford and Stone lent a C2 to one of our kids in October. Poor excuse! :( :( :(

disappointed

Post by disappointed » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:17 pm

What a poor reason. I dispair with some of the decisions made...

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:58 pm

so why didnt you come and give us your advice ??? the meeting was open, you could have come and affected the decision.

Anne

Post by Anne » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:02 am

It is imossible to please everyone all of the time, that is a fact of life. A democratic vote was taken on all motions and the majority must be carried. If you don't attend you cannot put your point of view foreward.