Entry cards - not another stamp

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
katonas

Post by katonas » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:48 am

How about giving every competitor a couple of entry cards for their next race at each event ? :O

Nick Penfold

Post by Nick Penfold » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:19 am

Organisers usually have quite a lot of cards and would be happy to give you a few. Ask!

Seedy Paddler

Post by Seedy Paddler » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:23 pm

However as all ranking is now based on best 5 results it would be good if we got at least 5 entry cards with the yearbook!

2 cards hardly encourages participation ??

:O

The organisers have still to send away and pay for the postage to get additional cards so getting organisers to issue cards will merely detract from an already strapped budget. Just as well we do it for the love of the sport!

jim croft

Post by jim croft » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:40 am

I agree more cards would be useful in the yearbook however being involved in packing & posting 1935 yearbooks the higher cost of posting would have been nearly 10p per year book extra,

If you send a S.A.E to Mrs Patterson address on page 15 in the 2007 Yearbook you will be sent at least 15 cards.

Jim Slalom Admin

Geebs

Post by Geebs » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:34 am

I think for the sake of less than £200.00 it would make everyones life easier at the start of the season to put a few more cards in with the yearbooks?

Would it not be possible to have a stash at training sites like HPP, Tryweryn, Tees etc so people could pick them up as well?

The other simple answer is to have a PDF on line so you can print them off yourself? You can get 4 entry cards on to an A4 sheet simply print them cut them and send them off :D
Paddle fast,,,Paddle safe Yorkshire Canoe Coaching

Dee

Post by Dee » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:28 pm

Fine to have people printing them IF they print them onto reasonably thick card.

There are one or two on the circuit who use a rather flimsy card which can be a bit of a pain, especially if they get damp.
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!