Judging : The good, the bad, and the ugly. - What happened, what should happen

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
katonas

Post by katonas » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:47 am

Its one thing to put paddlers interests first, but putting judges interests first is probably even more important. Without them races wouldn't happen.

Can those who have judged add stories that have either put them off, or encouraged them to judge, with suggestions for improvement. Improving the experience of judging becomes self perpetuating as numbers increase, so you're not left on the bank tooooo long.

Q Is there a maximum number of judges allowed? This yrs div2 at HPP would suggest not.

Kev.S

Post by Kev.S » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:47 pm

The number of judges at Rugby's Div 2 was dictated purely by the number of bibs I had at my disposal, I could have put more in but decided not to.
To err is human, if you really want to screw up, use a computer!!

jim croft

Post by jim croft » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:37 pm

:;): Read Page 62 7.1 Max Judges at an event is 60 there is also an application form in the organisers pack to hire bibs F.O.C with a deposit
Slalom Admin

jim croft

Post by jim croft » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:38 pm

:;): Read Page 62 7.1 Max Judges at an event is 60 there is also an application form in the organisers pack to hire bibs F.O.C with a deposit
Slalom Admin

Nick Penfold

Post by Nick Penfold » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:25 pm

To go back to your original post, Steve: there are judges who do it for the paddling (and for practice on the water for an event the next day), judges who do it because they have to and judges who enjoy it. As I don't paddle and I've lost count of the number of races I've judged at, I must enjoy it. :)
Why? Social stuff, satisfaction, good stuff to grumble about...

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:49 am

Masochism? :) :)
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points