82%
Against the Motion
12%
Abstain
6%

Total votes: 17

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:52 am

Nobody pays or asks for official entry fees, so change rule 7.1 (p62) to remove reference to them
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

c1champ

Post by c1champ » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:22 am

I think it shold be kept because 98% of events have trouble with judges. Either not entered or not turning up to there stint. Like at Matlock for example they had just enough judges to run the event, but haredley any of them turned up to judge. It was raining and snowing. but if you have said you are going to judge you should do it.

So i think if you put a fee in of say £5 which you get back if you do what you have been asked to do. If you don't do it or you miss it and you dont have a sutible reason you lose your £5. Yes it will be a faff for the organiser but it will mean the event can be run more smoothly.

Thanks steve:)

Dee

Post by Dee » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:36 pm

All that will happen is that no-one will volunteer to judge in advance. So we will just be waiting to see who turns up on the day and won't be any better off.
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:26 pm

Passed unanimously
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points