Where to find rules ?

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Neilo

Post by Neilo » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:42 pm

Hi there,

this is neither a rant nor a rave, just after some advise.

Having entered a Slalom last season, and loving it, I am hoping to take part in some events this year. I know some of the basic rules i.e. not to hit any poles and which way to go through them, but reading some of the other threads it has become apparent that I need to know more about the rules. (Letting others through if whistle blown, for starters)

So, I am just about to post off for the Slalom Yearbook, will it have the rules set out in there ? If not where can I get sight of them ? I have sent in to take part in the Shepperton Slalom 1st/2nd March, so I ought to know what to do before then. I don't want to look any more of a numpty, through ignorance, than I do through my paddling.

Many thanks,

Neil.

Dee

Post by Dee » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:25 pm

slalom rules are all in the year book, but not sure whether you will receive it before Shepperton. Don't worry though because you can watch others go round and get the idea!
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Neilo

Post by Neilo » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:49 pm

Hi, luckily I received my Slalom Yearbook this morning and whilst skimming through the rules, noticed that I should have enclosed a self addressed envelope with the entry cards for the Shepperton Slalom. So, will send one now ! Also, do you get a copy of the yearbook as a matter of course when registered (ranked) for slalom, as I sent of for one seperately and now have two ? Just so I know for next time ?

Cheers,

Neil.

Dee

Post by Dee » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:10 pm

Don't bother with the envelope - most people don't and it's one of those rules that should probably be updated.

Yes just by competing in slalom you get a year book (always assuming the organisers can read your address)
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!