Canoe Slalom Murder Mystery Dinner Party Game - Probably the wrong place to post this...

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Username

Post by Username » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:07 pm

... but I've written a canoe slalom based Murder Mystery Dinner Party Game, if anyone wants a copy of the files (just word docs) I can email it out, if you fancy running one yourself. I've written it for 10 people, for an evening. It's only very loosely based on canoe slalom, the characters are entirely fictitious and none of the details are accurate to the real GB setup, but it's supposed to be fun, and I know nothing about GB slalom! This is the list of characters, that everyone sees - I won't post the individual files, cos they give away stuff you wouldn't want your guests to know!
Assumed Risk – a canoe slalom murder mystery

The setting:

End of season, pre-Christmas Canoe Slalom celebration dinner, hosted by Mr and Mrs Aylsford. Guest Speaker is GB Number 1 K1 slalom paddler, Olympic Silver Medallist and London 2012 hopeful Andrew Winner.

The guests:

Jessie Aylsford, GB Slalom Committee Secretary and party host. Well-liked and respected member of the canoe slalom committee.

Tony Aylsford, GB Slalom Committee Chairman and party host. Husband of Jessie. One of the most powerful men in slalom, he has the final say on decisions about GB team coaches and equipment.

Bob Crosswell: GB Team Coach. Husband of Sarah and father of Amber. Has been team coach for 6 years, with great success; he intends to retire after London 2012.

Sarah Crosswell: Wife of Bob, mother of Amber. Beautiful and clever, she delights in the social status that being the wife of a top coach gives her.

Amber Crosswell: 18 year old daughter of Bob and Sarah. A top female slalom kayaker, but she narrowly missed out on being selected for GB after her paddles snapped during a selection race.

Natalie Brendon: Prem slalom paddler and GB team physiotherapist. Widely liked. She unexpectedly beat Amber onto the GB team after Amber’s paddles broke at a selection race.

Tim Masters: Boat designer and former GB paddler in C2. His former C2 partner and employee, Simon, swam during the summer Olympics; the two have not paddled together since, and Simon no longer works for him.

Simon Thwaite: Former GB C2 partner and employee of Tim. Simon swam during the summer Olympics and has not paddled with or worked for Tim since. He is now employed part-time by Jamie.

Jamie Woods: Boat designer, likely to be chosen to build GB boats for London 2012. Employer of Sam.

Pete Cowley: GB Assistant Coach. Hopes to take over as GB Coach when Bob retires after London 2012.

Nick Penfold

Post by Nick Penfold » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:05 am

Certainly some motives there!