F****n Neds Strike Again!

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Seedy Paddler

Post by Seedy Paddler » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:30 pm

Understand that this may impact some of World Class development paddlers as well as HPCC. I am sure Canadian Paddler will be able to re-recite a few expletives....

Arsonists hit HPP Canoe stores :angry:

Kazz

Post by Kazz » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:26 pm

why why why :( :(
what do these sickos get out of destroying property that isnt theirs? is it the HPPCC stores that have been damaged or others too its not clear from the footage and what about insurance hopefully the club has some or is it down to individuals
in the meantime lets pull together and try and help those who have lost their boats/kit even if its just a short term loan of a boat

JaneS

Post by JaneS » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:28 pm

I can think of a few expletives I have uttered today, as we have lost two boats and paddles - including Mikey's brand new 3 week old Logik - but better not go into print with them :angry: :angry: :angry:
However would like to thank everyone for support and offers of loan of kit etc

adsmum

Post by adsmum » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:10 am

Its been a very upsetting day for all concerned, the worst moment for me being when my son phoned to tell me what he had heard had happened, and he sounded so distraught - its his whole world they have tried to destroy for mindless kicks. However angry and sad we feel though I just keep reminding myself that they will never destroy the talent, enthusiasm, fun and sheer determination of the paddlers - it won't stop them paddling or enjoying the sport. Yes I am well angry and deeply saddened for the club and the individuals but we are survivors - the evil people that did this are not.

Dee

Post by Dee » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:05 pm

I agree with all the sentiments, but could the title of this post be changed please. The "***" obviously imply a swearword and I think this really brings us down to the arsonists level (well maybe not quite that far, but...)
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

PaulBolton

Post by PaulBolton » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:53 pm

I have a Pyranha Zone small and the predecessor to the Rev (I can't remember it's name) made for an adult. If anyone at HPP has lost a boat and these can fill a gap, just drop me a line. I'm at HPP almost every Thursday and can bring them along.

Cheers,

Paul

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:05 pm

(Sounds of sobbing off stage :( )
I feel for all who are affected, and if I/Proteus can help just let us know!
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:37 pm

Same here from Baldock. We have a large club K1 and a small club K1 that I can take to Prem/ Division 1 events if that is of any use to anyone.

Seedy Paddler

Post by Seedy Paddler » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:54 pm

Dee wrote:I agree with all the sentiments, but could the title of this post be changed please. The "***" obviously imply a swearword and I think this really brings us down to the arsonists level (well maybe not quite that far, but...)

Apologies but whilst I can edit the post it wont let me edit the title -

So perhaps "Flamin" or "Flipin" but certainly not "Fun"

Maybe just put it down to a "Freudian" slip.

Sympathy for all those affected, hope they catch the Neds, unfortunately we no longer allow the justice that the Pierrepont family were famous for. Perhaps a period locked up on bread and Trent Water might get them to mend their ways...

jhall

Post by jhall » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:35 pm

If anyone has lost a C1, I have a Galasport Macao that I could lend.

RussJohnson

Post by RussJohnson » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:16 pm

i saw the news on our local BBC channel. i totally feel for all those affected by the actions of some irrasponsible and total idiots.

im sure my clubs West Yorkshire CC & Halifax CC (although i can't speak personally for Halifax CC) would be more than happy to assist in short term loan of equipment to all those paddlers. We at WYCC have several plastic boats that can fill the gaps left.

can we all think of those slalom paddlers who lost kit and are in need for the world's which is coming up.

Russ Johnson
Russell Johnson
HALIFAX Canoe Club - West Yorkshire Canoe Club

campbell

Post by campbell » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:23 pm

The GB team left with all their kit for the World Champs 1 day before the incident, so thankfully this will not affect preparations.

However, that is not to say it did not affect any of those paddlers - some had other boats/kit in the lock-ups. Personally, I had 3 boats destroyed!

Everyone out here in Seu is very sad and frustrated to hear the news.

Campbell

Dee

Post by Dee » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:09 pm

So perhaps "Flamin"

Ouch!
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

oldandslow

Post by oldandslow » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:34 pm

If anyone want to borrow my Vjada K1 for the Prem race this w/e, just send a PM and I'll bring it up.
Life is what happens when you're making other plans.

Quickflow Sports

Post by Quickflow Sports » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:15 pm

Firstly on behalf of Holme Pierrepont CC thank you all very much for the comments and posts of sympathy over the past few days.

The club has been hit pretty hard by the fire, losing lots of plastic boats, Open Canadians lots of BA's, every single paddle the club had and a newish fleet of slalom boats and we are currently looking at short term recovery plans.

I will be posting on the Boards/Canoeslalom webpage fairly soon once we have figured out what to do next (and once we have some new secure storage in place) as we will be looking to replace our fleet.

Rich Ramsdale
Holme Pierrepont CC