Boats Stolen - and recovered!

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:09 pm

I read on the slalom website (http://www.canoeslalom.co.uk) that Les Saunders has got his stolen boats back! What a brilliant community this is and thank goodness for the connectivity of the internet that enables such things to be circulated and fixed!

And well done for actually stirring the police into action as my experience suggests that you need to add that along with your boat(s) being stolen you also need to report a shooting, a kidnapping and a confirmed sighting of a serial rapist all at the same location before you can actually get a police officer to attend! Oh, or point out there is an expired tax disc nearby!

The lesson here is, if you suffer such a crime, tell everyone! Our equipment is very specialized and often personalized in some way so the idiots that believe they can sell things on without being spotted are very much mistaken. They may as well nick an F1 car as they can neither use it nor sell it!

For those whose boats were returned, enjoy your winter training :-)
Peter Parker - 12 gate courses are plenty long enough!

Terryg

Post by Terryg » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:03 pm

Also glad Les & co got their boats back. Les is too nice a guy for this sort of thing to happen to.

By the way Peter, what's 'winter training'?
:p

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:38 pm

OK I cant resist it, winter training is coming to a PETERBOROUGH winter slalom, th next is 13th December. Turn up and have fun :D
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:37 pm

LOL Terry...the answer to that depends upon ones commitment. So its probably somewhere between daily sessions on the river with gym, aerobic and running work and bringing in the empty bin after the wife has taken out the full one.

Colin, master of shameless plugs, it seems no topic is safe from you. Im surprised you do not use your signature for advertising! Oh dear...what am I suggesting! That means not just every topic, but every post will be waving the flag! :;):
Peter Parker - 12 gate courses are plenty long enough!