TULLY PREM ENTRIES

Discuss past and future events
Haggis Hunter

TULLY PREM ENTRIES

Post by Haggis Hunter » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:23 pm

LATE ENTRIES HAVE BEEN ADDED TO THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST, PLEASE CHECK AND FOLLOW ANY INSTRUCTIONS. THANK YOU

Hi Everyone,
I am getting LOTS of emails regarding the receipt of entries. I'm sure you will understand that in organising a race of this magnitude, or indeed any race, there is a lot of emailing etc to be done to get the race organised. I'm afraid I cannot possibly respond to you all individually, but do understand your need to know that your entry has been received on time! Maybe you could consider sending a SAE for receipt of entry next year?
In the meantime I have posted all entries received to date.
If your name is not on this list, either: You have emailed me details but I have not received payment
I have not received your entry yet
You have informed me that you are no longer able to race.
You are Irish and I haven't added you on yet... but I do have a list from your governing body, just not got that far yet :oops:

If your name appears twice you are entered into more than one category.

I will update this list on Saturday, after then any new names will be liable for late fees.
Closing date for entry is the 28th Feb and I hope to have the start list published by Saturday 1st March. Any entries received without payment will not be added to the start list and there will be no amendments other than withdrawals after the start list has been posted so please don't ask.

ENTRIES RECEIVED:

LOUIS FOOTIT
LAURA MILNE
ROBERT MARSDEN
CAMERON BROWN
TOM NEWMAN
ANDREW DOUGLAS
CALLUM MACEACHAN
IAN HOSIE
DAN HOSIE
BEN KELLY
WILL TAYLOR
CASPIAN RIX
CALLUM HAY
JOSH JACKSON
PETER LINKSTED
JACOB HOLMES
DUNCAN EDWARDS
EDDIE MCDIARMID
PIERS OLIPHANT
ANDREW LAMOND
JONNY DICKSON
ELLIOT GODDARD
GEORGE BURTON
NOAH HAZELWOOD
JAMIE WEDDELL
OLIVER GILBERT
CONNOR BAILEY
SAM MOSS
AARON-WYN ROBERTS
CHRISTOPHER BOWERS
JOE MOORHOUSE
ELLIOTT DAVIDSON
JAMES COOPER
PETER MCCOLL
JAKE SILVESTER
JAMES DIXON
JONATHON ATKINSON
CAMERON REVELL
PAUL SUNDERLAND
RICH RAMSDALE
PETE WILLETT
ANTON LIPPEK
AUSTIN BARKER
ZACHARY ALLIN
DAVID BAIN
STUART GERRIE
CIARAN LEE-EDWARDS
JOE COOMBS
STEFFAN WALKER
BRADLEY FORBES-CRYANS
AISLING CONLAN
LAUREN STRICKLAND
HELEN ROGERS
AMY HOLLICK
ALICE HAINING
AMBER MASLEN
HANNAH BURGESS
KIMBERLEY WOODS
BETH LATHAM
FIONA PENNIE
MIKEY WILSON
JAMES BAILEY
STEPHEN HARRETT
BETHAN KELLY
MEG BATE
VICTORIA MURRAY
SOPHIE OGILVIE
ISLA KELLY
SCARLETT KEARNEY
KATE KENT
RACHEL HOUSTAN
EILIDH GIBSON
KIMBERLEY WOODS
FRASER GLASGOW
ANGUS GIBSON
AIDEN WATERS
WILL SMITH
MATTHEW FOOTIT
WILLIAM CONEY
DAN IBBOTSON
ROBERT HARRATT
JAC DAVIES
JAMES BAILEY
MICHAEL BROWN
ANDREW HOUSTAN
SAM IBBOTSON
RYAN WESTLEY
ADAM BURGESS
AMY HOWARTH
HOLLY TYLER
TONI BOYD
GRACE REVELL
MHAIRI CALLINGHAM
GRACE SCAPELEHORN
MORNA CAMPBELL
NIKITA SETCHELL
SALLY FAIRBRASS
MADELAINE JENNINGS
HANA OLIPHANT
ARIEN EDWARDS
MEGAN HAMMER-EVANS
VICTORIA MURRAY
REBECCA OGILVIE
BETHAN KELLY
IZZY BUSHROD
SOPHIE OGILVIE
ELOISE MEAKINS
CARA LEE
EMMA KIRKBRIGHT
EMILY IBBOTSON
LOTTIE COOPER
GABRIELLE RIDGE
LOUISE REVELL
ROISIN LEE-EDWARDS
JADE HOLLICK
ANGUS GIBSON CRAWFORD NIVEN
ADAM BURGESS GREG PITT
JACOB HOLMES EDDIE MCDIARMID
NOAH HAZELWOOD PIERS OLIPHANT
AIDEN WATERS AIDEN MACALEENAN
RYAN WESTLEY ZAC FRANKLIN
ROBERT HARRATT WILLIAM SMITH
MICHAEL BROWN ANDREW HOUSTON
TOM ABBOTT
AARON CRUIKSHANK
OZ & BURT RODEN
THOMAS WALKER
MALLORY FRANKLIN
STRUAN MACDONALD
ROBIN VASEY
ROBERT HOLDWAY
ZAK FRANKLIN
MALLORY FRANKLIN
OISINS FARRELL
ALI MCCREERY
CIAN VAUGH
CIARA FARRELL
CIARAN HEURTEAU
DARRAGH BERGIN
EOIN TEAGUE
HUGH MCNALLY
JAKE COCHRANE
NOEL AND ROBERT HENDRICK
SAM CURTIS
SARAH MCDONAGH
SEAN HENDRICK
CADE RYAN
NOEL HENDRICK
ROBERT HENDRICK
TADHG O'FERRALL
CAOIMHE O'FERRALL
BRANDON WATSON
ALAN CARDY
ANDREW KETTLEWELL X2

IF YOUR NAME IS ADDED BELOW YOU WILL BE CHARGED LATE FEES AS FROM TODAY 23/02/2014 YOU WILL ALSO BE REQUIRED TO JUDGE, PLEASE REPORT TO CONTROL AS SOON AS YOU CAN AND DEFINATELY BEFORE GETTING ONTO THE WATER. MANY THANKS.

CRAWFORD NIVEN
CALUM CRESSER
HANNAH BAILEY
CHLOE ELLERTON
ROB STALKER
BEN TEASDALE
HUW SWETNAM
Last edited by Haggis Hunter on Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:56 am, edited 5 times in total.

harratts

Re: TULLY PREM ENTRIES

Post by harratts » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:42 am

Fantastic idea Haggis Hunter :D

In the absence of a start list, which often does not get published until after the closing date for entries has passed, this list will put a lot of people's mind at rest. Having just gone through the process I fully understand how many e-mails you will have received and the type of questions that will have been asked.

Perhaps we all (event organisers) should adopt this approach in principle for future events. Although it is another job to be done :( alongside the many others but at least it is only one job to prevent many e-mail responses.

Well done you.
Steve

p.s. It's Stephen Harratt and not Stephen Harrett when you get chance :oops:

Haggis Hunter

Post by Haggis Hunter » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:18 pm

Thanks Stephen,
It is a wee bit more work, but better than a deluge of emails!
I have been that anxious parent, especially after sending off a batch of cards early in the season and forgetting how far into the calendar I went.
An online entry system would hopefully eradicate this problem as you'd get a confirmation email when the entry was submitted, in the meantime I'm not sure what the answer is.
I always feel really guilty if I email to check if the card has been received as I know how busy the organiser is, but if you're booking accommodation and travelling a long way it is reassuring to know.

I have changed your name spelling on the start list :wink:
Kind regards
Shona

Dee

Post by Dee » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:07 am

Must admit that I've been using these boards to publish entries received for the Sheppy 1/2 for years. It definitely did cut down the emails received year on year and meant that I could ping off replies referring to chatter boards from work etc without needing to do the checking myself (contrary to popular expectation organisers do not have photographic memories).

I've also used the board to get people to contact me when there have been issues with an entry. One lovely lady told me that she had been away for the weekend only to come back to a string of emails and phone messages from other people telling her to contact me. Such is the power of the internet!

(Delighted to have handed the race over this year :D )
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:15 am

It does look a little full, so too much water is more of a problem than too little. A good river race level!
For those who have forgotten / did not know there is a web cam on the Inn on the Tay http://www.farsondigitalwatercams.com/l ... randtully/
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Haggis Hunter

Post by Haggis Hunter » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:28 am

Yep, the river has gone into flood overnight. A combination of heavy rain and snow melt. This should go down to more reasonable level pretty quickly ...unless we get torrential rain all week...But paddlers should be prepared for a pretty high water level on race weekend. We can guarantee that it won't be the wee trickle we had last year :?

321go

Post by 321go » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:25 pm

At the risk of being over pessimistic - given the river levels have been pretty much the same for the last week and rain continues to fall - at what stage will a decission be made on the race going ahead? From the webcam there doesn't appear to be any eddies and judging gates will be extremely difficult unless judges will be provided with binoculars.
Cheers
PB

Haggis Hunter

Post by Haggis Hunter » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:54 pm

Hi,
As some of you know the river rose rapidly on Saturday evening, this was due to a rapid thaw sending snowmelt cascading down the river network. Although it has been raining we haven't had enough to affect the river to that extent.
The camera is fascinating to watch, but the information it gives is limited due to it's static location. To give you a better idea follow http://www.wheresthewater.com/river-levels/scotland.
The forecast for the next few days is a lot drier and it's getting colder ( less snow melting off the mountains) and as you'll see following the link above, the river is now falling. 1.1 m down since Sunday.

Up until Saturday evening the river had been running med-high and those who were up training last week will testify that it was a good level to race on. We are confident given the forecast, that the river will continue to fall to it's previous level in the next few days. We are watching the situation closely...we all live right on it's banks! The levels of the Tay can change in either direction very quickly, as someone who has lived along it's banks from Aberfeldy to Dundee most of my life, it never ceases to amaze me!

In the unlikely circumstances that the situation shows no signs of improving we will let you know.

Seedy Paddler

Post by Seedy Paddler » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:45 pm

Worth keeping a direct look at the SEPA Gauge at Pitnacree down by the main roadbridge to the East of Grandtully:

http://www.sepa.org.uk/water/river_leve ... t&lc=14935

Dropped almost a metre since the high of Sunday and continuing to drop.

CD

Seedy Paddler

Post by Seedy Paddler » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:00 am

Another week with waves of optimism and pessimism as river levels oscillate. Currently running circa 1.8m but should dry up this pm and the wind swings to the South so levels should drop for Saturday. However a Met Office forecast for snow/sleet and more rain on Saturday morning - wrap up warm - may pack yet another change of clothes when I get home this afternoon :roll:

Looking forward to the weekend, not so sure about the Juniors going for experience though!

CD