Harefield Double Div 3/4, 26/27 July

Discuss past and future events
Carlr

Post by Carlr » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:09 pm

Well then all the course is up and the entries are still flooding in, dont forget we will be taking entries until 10:30am on both days so if you cannot make saturday come and have a go on sunday instead. hope to see you all at the weekend.

jim croft

Post by jim croft » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:18 am

??? Well done on Saturday the event was buuzzing lots of entries good organisation and happy paddlers. Novel refreshment location sreved from a long boat, lets hope this event continues.

Jim Croft Slalom Admin

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:24 am

Thnaks to Nicky and his team for running the event, good to see St Albans organising again after far too long!.

Only one complaint, I think you over did it on the weather, everyone standing in the shade, perhaps just a degree or two cooler next time (but no more!) :D

Seriously looking forward to coming again next year to a relaxed, fun event.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:56 am

Canadian PAddler wrote:Only one complaint, I think you over did it on the weather, everyone standing in the shade, perhaps just a degree or two cooler next time (but no more!) :D
The weather was perfect! Don't complain or it may go away :-(

Thanks to everyone for a great weekend.

Carlr

Post by Carlr » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:08 am

Well then we have now recovered from a busy weekend at Harefield and would like to thank all the paddlers for turning up and making it a succesfull weekend for all. Nicky and I are talking about running this slalom again next year, hopefully on the same weekend with the same weather (maybe a little bit cooler). A big thankyou to the Clancydocwra Group and Coy Carp Public house for the loan of there land over the weekend of the slalom without which we could not have held the slalom. Also a very very big thank you to all the helpers for all there hard work in making the event such a success, you all know who you are (too many to list).

jim croft

Post by jim croft » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:42 am

Carl
See the urgent email I have sent you
Jim Croft Slalom Admin