Peterborough Winter Slaloms - Fun event keep your hand in/start slalom

Discuss past and future events
Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:37 am

WINTER SLALOMS
Peterborough 2004
14th November & 12th December

Entries taken until about 11:00, Practice until 11:45, Event starts Noon. :laugh:

A fun event, aimed at introducing people to slalom. Despite the frequent attendance of some of the country’s top slalomists, we aim the competition at those with little or no experience who just want to ‘have a go’. You do not need a ‘pointy boat’ to compete, you can compete in your normal plastic boat, or we can lend you a boat if you want.
Run to normal slalom rules, but with an additional rule that if it is cold, and you fall in (accidentally :devil: ) you are entitled to a hot drink FREE!

Entries £5 for those in Division 3 and above, £4 for Seniors £3 for juniors. £2 discount per boat available if you try a second (or third) class.

Course erection from 10 on Saturday 13/11 and 11/12 All welcome. Free practice after the course is up.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:59 pm

Just moving the post up so you do not forget it!

Only two (and a bit) weeks to go - are you up for it? :laugh:
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm

Don't forget this weekend is the second Peterborough Winter slalom :thumbsup:

We had a wave this weeken (rather than a boil) so keep your fingers crossed for a wave again, and make a dtae to come on over.

Remember Sunday is competiton day, the course will go up on Saturday, if you want to prcatice then it will be waiting.

Just follow directions to the club (not the summer slalom)

See you Sunday :D

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:00 pm

:D Good News we have a nice wave to play on.
:( Bad news it so nice we have had to move teh event back from the weir to allow for beginers, but are considering a gate 10a for Div 2 kayak and above, hung up high in the wavr train.

See you tomorrow :thumbsup:

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:34 pm

:thumbsup: Thanks to all who came along, hope you enjoyed it.

Results are available on the (Proteus web site) and have been sent to Nick for canoeslalom.co.uk