Tully - How was it

Discuss past and future events
Taxidriver

Post by Taxidriver » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:54 pm

So, what did people think of the Tully competetion then?

fison

Post by fison » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:04 pm

Wel i thought that they were blessed with water cosidering what they had a the begining of the week. 2 very good and challenging courses for all competitors. A very good event apart from the dodgy computer trying to take over with the times of the results :p

Dodgy roller

Post by Dodgy roller » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:32 pm

It would have been better if there had been some safty cover other than two boats at the finish. :angry:

Spectator

Post by Spectator » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:36 pm

Great course, very enjoyable. Dodgy adding up.

Taxidriver

Post by Taxidriver » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:04 pm

Being fairly new to all of this and having given up the will to live after trying to understand the rules and regulations in the year book, could some one please explain in english, the rules about changing a cource after it had been approved!. It was one of the fairly many issues that came up at the Tully competetion

Geebs

Post by Geebs » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:45 pm

Oh you mean the changes after most people had done their practise run's, and the refusal to let people have a re-run, you must have read page 86, 21.2.1 that say's that "After approval no further modifications can be made" There was a notice posted 1 1/2 hours after approval of the course to notify of the change to gate 4 moving 18" river left.

But there again the course was approved with no throw lines or safety measures in place.

In English I have no idea, but if you find out please let us all know.
Paddle fast,,,Paddle safe Yorkshire Canoe Coaching

fison

Post by fison » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:48 am

Yes to gate 4 i did my ptactice run and struggled to get the gate and then to my amazment when they moved it was i pleased and i dont think that the lady paddlers were as they then seemd to struggle. Must mean anything goes these days why have a rule book any more ???
lets get it on

Taxidriver

Post by Taxidriver » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:52 pm

As i have said this is all new to me and I have not been involved in running an event but realise that a lot of work goes into to it. I know there were some issues over the times. Do the entry cards and all the bits off the computer get sent tot he BCU for them to check, before the results are issued.

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:22 pm

The Organiser will prepare an "official" results list. This and the entry cards will be sent to the bib officers and the ranking compilers for the relevant classes and divisions.

The ranking compilers will check that the results match the cards, that the points are calculated correctly and that all the paddlers are eligible to paddle but wouldn't normally see any timing records.
Out of Darkness cometh Light

Wonderer

Post by Wonderer » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:31 pm

Div one results are on the div one page , why not the div 2??

NKcanoe

Post by NKcanoe » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:33 pm

Are results available for Tully Div 1 ???

Andy

Post by Andy » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:52 pm

:( It appears that the results are still not on the website for the div 2 paddlers however they are included in the rankings so they must have them!! why are they not on the results??

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:45 pm

As posted on the Ironbridge thread, Nick can only publish results that he gets electronically.

Nick would have been sent a paper copy of the results from the organiser and he will have used these to update the bootleg ranking lists. He will not have been able to publish the results though from the paper copy.
Out of Darkness cometh Light