Well done Cleveland!! Teesside Slalom

Discuss past and future events
raeofsunshine

Post by raeofsunshine » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:46 pm

For a first attempt at running a Slalom it went really well!! everyone pulled together, worked really hard and made the event run smoothly- by slalom standards!
:D

fison

Post by fison » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:46 pm

Here Here

two very good testing courses and all behind the sences went well the Sun even tried to come out :D
lets get it on

concerned paddler

Post by concerned paddler » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:46 pm

Not a bad race, but I think the course could have been better. I think all it would take is for the big eddies to be used. I heard that the course for the uni champs was good because they did this. You don't need to go too crazy to make a challenging course. Keep most of the breakouts simple, maybe 1 or 2 slightly different ones, and a couple of tight staggers. Poles heights can also make all the difference. You don't need to go mad with really high poles (gate 3 at the prem), but it is nice to have good pole heights, it makes it much more enjoyable.

Post by guest » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:20 pm

we'd go again!

fison

Post by fison » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:39 am

ref to pole heights i agree but they were ok by the jury. Now over the years raceing i have seen the oppisite of high and low poles on different sites seems to be on certain moves, as to useing the big eddys i thought it was nice to have a change and to the last gate on Saturday was far to hard for div 1 but someone decided to move the last gate after the course had been approved how was this :O
lets get it on

sue

Post by sue » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:46 pm

:D Had a great time, organisers were excellent and the event ran on time, thought the course was challenging but fair, only complaint: the weather which no one can control!!

kanu.63

Post by kanu.63 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:05 pm

Well done Cleveland CC a great first effort and it was good to see an event run for the paddlers and not the hangers on. How about an earlyer race next year.I paddled in March when the course was running on 12cumecs and it was fantastic .