Stafford & Stone event

Discuss past and future events
Anne

Post by Anne » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:27 am

Well done Stafford & Stone Canoe Club 160 entries at a Div 3/4 that is magnificent. Who said numbers were on the decrease!

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:50 am

And it ran very smoothly despite the large numbers. :;): :;):

seofwman

Post by seofwman » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:17 pm

Yes but it did run late due to the pressure on Dave struggling to put the entries into the Slalom Event Organiser on his computer.

Anybody with any good ideas how to get round this. (I am afraid whatever the delights of Internet entries this will not go away)

I favour the Ranking Compilers supplying me with a csv format file of all the paddlers in their division - say on a monthly basis - that can be made available to organisers off the download section of the Slasoft Web site. (all users of the software should get a free update of the ranking at the start of the season either from me or the Slalom Ranking Officer/Web site)

I can then change the Slalom Event Organiser for Windows to import the required data and flag those not is use -....etc. so that all you have to do when someone enters is to select them from a drop down list to include them in the event.

Of course Dave 'et al' will still have to struggle with Novices (sorry Div 4)

FatBoy

Post by FatBoy » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:53 pm

I think having an electronic version of the bib list is a good start toward internet entries as well. Perhaps we shouldn't limit it to Slasoft users though and have those files available either here (if NP is willing?) or on BCU site.

To comply with data protection no address/phone/other contact info should be in the list though. DOB could be a bit tricky as well so just age class for that year e.g. J16.

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:26 pm

A list with name and age class worked out by the BCU would be good, there is quite a bit of confusion over J12, J14, J16 etc.. as exactly when you are in which class. Think we have it sorted but spoken to heaps who seem to have no idea how to work out age class. e.g. J12 12th birthday on or after 1st January is J12, well that's OK, but try explaining J13 & J15:
e.g 13th birthday on or after 1st January is a J14.
so many get it wrong! ??? ??? ???