Its that time again - Fun for all the family

Discuss past and future events
Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:35 pm

:) yes folks it's that time AGAIN
For those of you that have been avoiding me there is a winter slalom at the weir in Peterborough on 20th November.

After a panic about the EA planning to drain the river, we have confirmation that it's on!

1 day fun event, enter on the day course aimed at being manageable by beginners, but with options for the better paddlers. Lyn Simpson is planning to attend again (you youngsters can ask the older paddlers but she was a good GB paddler, who won some good medals. AND still thrashed many men last year!)

More details later, and on the Proteus web page shortly - near the draft calendar :D

See you here! :;):
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:42 pm

Have you Jan & Feb dates??

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:04 pm

Not yet, we normally try to liaise with Staff & Stone so as not to clash, and to be honest have not got our act together - watch this space.

BIG thanks to Nick for the poster on his site - you are a star!!:D
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.

Dee

Post by Dee » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:26 pm

I've never known any other slalom that gets so much publicity (self-generated or otherwise). Now when was the date again?....... :D
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Kev.S

Post by Kev.S » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:07 pm

Dee, has CP not mentioned the date for his slalom?

I vaguely remember hearing something about it, especially the hot drinks if you fall in!! :p
To err is human, if you really want to screw up, use a computer!!

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:28 pm

Do not forget this event, it is on before the ACM, so we can discuss the motions, pretend we do not know who to vote for, laugh at the organiser who cant paddle and have a good time.

For those I have missed 20 November fun event at Peterborough!

ElaineF

Post by ElaineF » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:51 pm

How the weir looking .. she asks by way of getting the post back to the top of the list...

In case anyone had forgotten the event is this SUNDAY.

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:59 pm

The couse is up, the weir is running at a level that means we have dropped the top gates back to give options for the less confident.
Hopefully there are fast options AND easier ones, we have just 16 gatesfrom rollig start to a finish in the current.

Practce from NOW, till we start (about noon), entries from 9:30 ish, Only £5 for adults, £4 for juniors or £3 for div 4. Discounts on multiple entries for one paddler.

We will lend boats, from Slalom K1, C1, C2 to open C2 or plastic boats. Prize winners get a certificate, glassware, CHOCOLATES and for the lucky, a small iced cake. What more could you want? :p

ElaineF

Post by ElaineF » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:29 pm

Thanks Colin for an excellent event as ever .. if only the weather could have been half as warm as the welcome.

Those of you not there missed a good day so make sure you put the next date (15th January) in your diaries now.

:laugh: :D

Anne

Post by Anne » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:39 pm

Glad all went well at Proteus yesterday, a pity it was so cold I hope it didn't put off too many people. The lengths the organiser goes to so as not to paddle in the cold!!

Post by guest » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:51 pm

what atop event it is a shame that the top paddlers in britian fell they are to go to go, and support the event

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:51 am

Glad you enjoyed it. once again proved I am 'armless', results/write up on the Proteus web page and sent to Nick.

:;): Thanks to all who came along and made the event, especially Neil and Dan showing that team members are human, and can come to lowly events!

Next event 15 Jan, 2006 can you afford to miss another? ???

wimpy

Post by wimpy » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:13 pm

Well done CP for organizing a fun day event, a special thankyou to your wife for making those lovely cakes, um yummy! Also like to thank all those who came to the event and made it a great day out. :D

jojo

Post by jojo » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:13 am

Top Event next time can it be warmer the team from the Royal Docks Canoe crew had a great day The cakes were excellent i got two as my kids dont like fruit cake Its the only way i would get one, To old To slow AND TO COLD Thanks again especally to all the paddlers who cheered Hollie and Joel on very happy 7 and 5 year old All they want for christmas is a slalom boat each. :D

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:09 pm

Thanks Jo - have they seen their names on the Proteus Web page?

Cant promise anything on the weather but the next event is January 15th Hope to see you all there, could probably find a slalom boat for Hollie and Joel to try as well - perhaps we can get their mum in a canadian? :D