DRAFT, PROVISIONAL Managed Calendar 2006 - Thanks to Jim Croft for his work

Discuss past and future events
raeofsunshine

Post by raeofsunshine » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:34 am

for gods sake! you cant please everyone VivienneM has obviously spent valuable time researching dates- but still people arent happy. Cant we all just race the dates set- thats part of the sport- if you are committed enough you will make it!!

Teach

Post by Teach » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:48 am

No one said they weren't happy! It is just a time consuming exercise that may not respresent true results.
Let's just adopt what is suggested and get on!

Jubbs

Post by Jubbs » Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:19 pm

raeofsunshine wrote:for gods sake! you cant please everyone VivienneM has obviously spent valuable time researching dates- but still people arent happy. Cant we all just race the dates set- thats part of the sport- if you are committed enough you will make it!!
No probs racing the original dates set, were committed to make a long drive north from the midlands however I think that you have appeared to missed the point of this post and that was that the dates were changed!!!!!!!
It will not matter how committed I am, I won't be able to change my hols!

raeofsunshine

Post by raeofsunshine » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:38 am

I didnt miss the point!!!!! my point was- you cant please everyone, the organisers shouldnt be forced into changing the dates- we as paddlers should paddle the dates we are given!!!!

Post by guest » Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:02 pm

Point missed or not. The dates on the web now, were not the ones oringally given.
I will just be glad when the ACM have agreed a calendar and we get on with it!

Curious

Post by Curious » Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:33 pm

For those of us who can't make the ACM, will someone let us all know the result of the calendar and the other votes. Ta

Dave Royle

Post by Dave Royle » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:10 pm

For those interested the dates for Tully are

Apr 8 Pan Celtic & Class C
Apr 9 Div 1/2
Apr 15 Prem and Junior Selection
Apr 16 Prem and Junior Selection

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:05 pm

RESULT
THIS IS UNOFFICIAL
IF YOU DO ANYTHING AS A RESULT OF THIS IT IS YOUR OWN STUPID FAULT, DO NOT BLAME ME and especially DO NOT BLAME JIM

1) Utter contempt from the whole meeting for whoever called Jim and abused him. :angry:
2) the number of complaints from people ignoring the warnings and booking things, then complaining has resulted in a reluctance to pubish the a draft Calendar until AFTER the ACM next year. :( NICE GOING FOLKS!!!

At the risk of being pilloried, what I wrote down at the meeting was:
A full investigation has been undertaken identifying the Easter holidays for each Education Authority. The calendar as proposed has only three education authorities where there is not a school holiday between the two Easter Grandtully events, albeit some break up just before the first event. For next year this investigation will be undertaken in advance of the calendar and is intended to be published with the organisers pack.

The calendar was then discussed and amended in that:
* The Stone Double on July 22/23 becoming a Sunday only event
* The Stone event on October 7/8 becoming a double event.
* The Sowerby Bridge event on 15th October will also host the Yorkshire regional championships.
* October 21st will be a division 1/Premier event, with a regional championship on Sunday 22nd. It is likely that all paddlers will be timetabled to undertake a small period of judging.
It was noted that there are a large number of division 1 events planed for next year. To reduce this, the March 25 event will become a 1 day premier race incorporating junior selection. The possibility of using Sunday 26th as a coaching day will be investigated.

THIS IS UNOFFICIAL
IF YOU DO ANYTHING AS A RESULT OF THIS IT IS YOUR OWN STUPID FAULT, DO NOT BLAME ME and especially DO NOT BLAME JIM

Official notification and the official calendar will be issued with the minutes.

Modified after Jims comment below
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Post by guest » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:40 pm

Thanks for the Tully dates Dave :D :D

jim croft

Post by jim croft » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:19 am

??? Thanks Dave and Colin

There a few minor tweaking do be done as discused At the ACM then I will ask for it to go on the Webb Site.

Thanks for all the support I got at the ACM.

Jim

jim croft

Post by jim croft » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:43 am

Just one small point in Cloin's list of Calendar changes it states Stone Double June 22/23 Becoming a Sunday event only Should read July 22/23 Becoming A Sunday Event only

Jim

Calendar

Post by Calendar » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:46 am

Will the final date changes and complete be calendar be on soon?? ???

jim croft

Post by jim croft » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:15 pm

:) I have sent Nick Penfold a copy to go on his site,all those who are on the Slalom Committee's mailing list will get a copy copies can be sent to anyone who would lkke to send me their email addreess.

Jim

Post by guest » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:14 am

Is the calendar with addresses to send cards going to be on the web page soon? Don't want to have to pay late entry fees!

jim croft

Post by jim croft » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:21 pm

??? I am hoping to finalise the Calendar by the end of the week I will then ask for it to go on the webb site, if clubs got their details in on time I could have had it on at Christmas

Jim