Tees Prem /Div 1 - Entrys

Discuss past and future events
driver

Post by driver » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:58 pm

Anyone got a forecast? Especially west to east, A66 etc......

Geebs

Post by Geebs » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:11 pm

Guest wrote:umm agree would be heaps easier if all put the lists on the web, but yes, div one prac starts 9.15 whole thing finishes 2pm. Sunday 10am start, finshed just after 2pm.

This is no go at Cleveland by the way, if you have the computer skills its easy to shove things on the web, if you haven't then it ain't so simple to organise. Let those who criticise run an event from conception to finish! :p :p :p

Some of us do :;):

But this is no critism of the organisers who are doing a grand job on a tight timetable. Thank you.

Bold underline italics as in the year book. So no envelope = invalid entry = late entry fee?
Colin I can not find this bit in the rule book, it is surely down to the entrant if they wish to receive a start list by post, it should not invalidate an entry especially under UK 11.4.7 nor under UK 11.1, most people are aware what time events are scheduled to start and as the entry list changes in most cases on the day, it seems pointless wasting a stamp, the paper and the organisers time in posting them out.

I think this discussion may be better moved to another thread if anyone wants to continue as it is not a reflection on Cleveland and the organisation of their event but a general discussion of how we should be moving forwards into the new age.
Paddle fast,,,Paddle safe Yorkshire Canoe Coaching

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:19 am

PLEASE do not move it to a new thread, do not reply on a thread (especially this one!)

The intention of the wording is that unless the organiser accepts e-mail addresses, provision of a start envelope allows the organiser to let you know if the event has to be changed in any way.

I have heard it said that no envelope = not correctly entered so posted that as a stirrer (who me??). The statement was made by a senior figure in the slalom world. As you say no reflection of Cleveland (who I am certain do not interpret the rule in this bizarre fashion). Personally I am just so glad to get entries that I take them by phone, with or without envelopes. . .

I got home late last night, scanned the start list and it is now available as a pdf from The Proteus Web site (right hand side under the poster).

BUT it was late and I made a horlicks of the prem page. Hopefully I can get my wife to scan that and send to me. If so I will let you know.
Intro page, Div1 and judges pages are complete.

See you all shivering on the bank this weekend - I am the one drifting slowly past in a (say it quietly) kayak Oh the shame of it! :(

ps if anyone has trouble with the pdf, send me a PM and I will e-mail it to you :D
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:22 am

Wonderwife strikes again. Now updated with Prem page. :D
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.

FatBoy

Post by FatBoy » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:36 am

Thanks all those who've got me the info. In hindsight I should've put in an envelope to a slalom I'd not been to before. Mental note to do so for any future slalom that I don't know anything about.

Kev.S

Post by Kev.S » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:12 am

Fatboy,

read your private e-mail.

Kev
To err is human, if you really want to screw up, use a computer!!

Anne

Post by Anne » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:05 am

I am not going to be at Tees but I will ask one of the Slalom Committee to discuss with the organiser as to how we can help then get the start list for future races, (and results), publshed on the web.

Hope you don't all get snowed in - weather forcast not good!

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:12 am

If any organiser would like to send me a copy of their start list (address/email in the yearbook under Proteus) I am happy to post it via the Proteus site, and to send Nick a link, and to link from a posting from here Like this for Tees
Electronic is easy, paper will be scanned and posted for you.

Pete Willett

Post by Pete Willett » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:31 pm

cheers Canadian PAddler :;):

Anne

Post by Anne » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:38 pm

If you send a copy of your start list/results in either in PDF, word or excel directly to Nick either by e-mail or post he will publish on his web site.

Geebs

Post by Geebs » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:20 pm

Thanks CP & better half, for putting the start list for Tees on your website.

See you on Saturday, I can bring an outboard if you like? :;):
Paddle fast,,,Paddle safe Yorkshire Canoe Coaching

spectator

Post by spectator » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:39 pm

Hi Canadian Paddler,
enjoyed watching your senior moment at gate 11 !!!!!!!!!!!! :p :p

fison

Post by fison » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:21 pm

Hello people i think that over the 2 days of raceing we have great season ahead of ourselves. The course at Teesside was very good and with more water going down on sunday and a few gate tweeks it became a very fast and challenging course. As the winer only won by .7 of a secound
Not bad as how they get that close i dont know
A big thank you to Cleveland and all the helpers and time keepers judges well every one who helped in any way
Thanks fison
PS can it be warmer for next year :D :D :D
lets get it on

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:01 pm

rats! spectator recognised me even in the disguise of a kayak! MUST stop having senior moments like that they could be VERY embarasing :blush: Still wimping and claiming to be protecting a duff shoulder, when really just too old and fat and cruising, not racing.

Thanks to all at Cleveland CC for an enjoyable weekend. Lets do it again next year, but with less wind and more heat.

BUT so you do not get withdrawl, remember Fison runs the frost bite slaloms in the winter :laugh:

Post by guest » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:45 am

Just like to add my thanks to organisers of Tees, good event