Run to the Hills, Run for your Life - painful but fun

Discuss past and future events
jon lords hammond

Post by jon lords hammond » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:13 am

Yes in the words of the worlds greatest ever rock band, and i dont want to hear any led zep geeks trying to tell me otherwise as i've had enough of led zep geeks going on about how great they were, maiden and purple can still wipe the floor with them any day of the week, it is time again for the Grandtully Hill race. Same deal as previous 4 yrs, start bridge following footpath to Pitlochry to summit then back down, approx 4 miles, 924ft climbing, junior race for under 14s, 550ft/2miles. Record still stands at 26.46 courtesy of Mr Martin Flynn. Girlies youve got to beat 33.12 to get into the record books.

Entries 2/1 pound senior/junior, race start immediately after prize giving following Div1/2, easter sunday.

If Fiona Chynoweth sees this can i have the ladies trophy back?

Last years results are available at www.shr.co.uk, if you dont know what race organiser Stuart Simpson looks like go the following www.ochillhillrunners.com, click on the photos icon and look at Dollar 2004 pictures.

As always i'll be greatful for any offers of assistance in putting on this show, which means i'm looking for people to marshall at the summit(s) and act as time keepers so if you dont fancy doing this i suggest that you walk in the other direction when you see me coming towards you

jon lords hammond

Post by jon lords hammond » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:27 pm

Slight mistake in above post race is 9 April after tully div1/2 which is not easter sunday and if Mr Radmore is reading this it will be good to see you back

sorry - friend of colins

Post by sorry - friend of colins » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:21 pm

colin wont be able to run this year as he has a ligament injoury which needs an op. but he will be there to cheer me on as ankle is much better so see you there - julie