Bala Mill Prem - format?

Discuss past and future events
Vicky

Post by Vicky » Tue May 22, 2007 2:22 pm

Hi there,

Does anyone know the format of the bala mill prem? (i.e will there be any prem racing on the sunday?)

Cheers,
Vicky

Richard Lee

Post by Richard Lee » Tue May 22, 2007 9:12 pm

Event information has been posted on canoe slalom website today - the start list will be ready over the weekend.

The outline format is:
Saturday - Premier. Demos at 10.00 am - it is a late start as the water does not reach the site until 9.30 am.
Ist runs 11.30 am, second runs will probably start at 2.00 pm.

There will be a team event for Premier and division one teams after the individual race (probable start 4.00 - 4.30 pm).

Course change on Saturday evening.

Division one slalom on Sunday commences about 9.30 am with practice. Timetable to be confirmed.

There is unfortunately no camping available on site - as the field is being used for car parking (there will be a charge of £1.50 per day - this money goes towards refurbishing the road and field).

Entries close on Friday, so please enter now if you wish to attend the race.

The water is not being run on a scheduled release weekend -so please ring the Tryweryn water information line on 01678 520826 before travelling to confirm a water release is running and the event is on.

Any further information required - then please contact me on richardlee.wca@virgin.net

Best regards and good racing

Richard Lee

PaulR

Post by PaulR » Tue May 29, 2007 7:35 pm

Hi Richard,
Have just been looking at the start list, and I can not see my name. I sent my entry in the same envelope as Gareth Wilson though?!

Just after some confirmation about this confusion.

Cheers
Paul Ramsdale

Richard Lee

Post by Richard Lee » Wed May 30, 2007 2:52 pm

Hi Paul
Entry received -and added onto list.

I have just updated the list with any bank holiday late entries and e mails - and have responded positively to all requests for late entries and any changes / entries mislaid in post. The start list is now closed for any entries.

Please check the water info line before travelling - 01678 520826 - as there have been a couple of cancelled releases lately due to the current weather conditions.

Please check the updated start list at control on the day for any further changes.

Regards

Richard Lee

Seedy Paddler

Post by Seedy Paddler » Thu May 31, 2007 1:40 pm

:(

Lads and Lassies

Suggest you contact the cente but debate on UKRGB concludes that current advice is only a release on Sunday - NO release planned on Saturday.

May want to check up before you load up and hit the highways and byways!

Anne

Post by Anne » Thu May 31, 2007 3:11 pm

Go to GB Canoeing site - Slalom news for details, Nick not yet posted statement.

mk1zetec

Post by mk1zetec » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:58 pm

It was rumoured that the cancelled Prem event might be rescheduled, is that going to be the case?