Sowerby Bridge 2/3 13th & 14th October

Discuss past and future events
lesf

Post by lesf » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:25 pm

Once again Sowerby is your last chance for points or promotion in Div 2 & 3 this year. And your last chance to dine out on our fab catering!

Those of you who have been to Sowerby before will be in for a bit of a surprise as we've moved the river! Or at least with the help of a BIG digger we've reformed the drops so they are more sloped and slalom boat friendly! For those older paddlers I'm told it's much like it was when it was first built in the 1980's - visit www.halifaxcanoe.org.uk for some pictures. (Will this give the DV's an advantage? - or they too old to remember how it used to be anyway?) We've also put in a few extra wires in to give more gate options, which we'll be trying out at this and future events.

It has come to my notice that there is postal strike - so if you are waiting for start list information, I suggest you check our website, as the posted version may not reach you. I will try to get a start list up on our website in the middle of next week.

Also if you have posted entries to me please come and check that you are on the provisional start list before you get on the water.

For Div 2's I'll be at Llandysul this weekend if you want to give me your entry in person

Thanks

Les Ford

Halifax website

lesf

Post by lesf » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:30 pm

Thanks to all who came to race, judge or help out.

Results are now on the club website www.halifaxcanoe.org.uk

Congratulations to all those who gained promotions over the weekend (including my wife!)

Les

davebrads

Post by davebrads » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:39 pm

Hi Les

I can't find the results.

lesf

Post by lesf » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:49 pm

They're definately there - there's a link on the home page

Les

Nick Penfold

Post by Nick Penfold » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:47 pm

They are on Slalom UK too.