Llangollen International/Prem

Discuss past and future events
quaker

Post by quaker » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:16 pm

Just a minor question about the International/Prem going on at Llangollen.

What type of Prem is it? (I'm guessing that it's a qualification Sat, Semi and Final and Sun)
If so will the qualification criteria for the Sunday be independant of the International qualification?

Then another minor point... if we protest at the event are we going to be charged the full international price or just a Prem protest fee? (I seem to remember some confusion over this in the past)

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:41 pm

The home page of the canoe slalom site says the following:-

"Due to time constraints the event will be run as follows, and not as originally advertised:
Saturday 20th: Premier Race 9 in Classic format and Premier/ Div 1 Teams.
Sunday 21st: Division One Race.

Ken Trollope - race organiser"

Regards
Duncan

Anne

Post by Anne » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:19 am

But if you are talking about the rearranged Bala at the International weekend it will be run as International format, as will the regionals and the Pan Celtic.

It is impossible to have one bit of the race on one format and the other on another. Racing approach is very different if racing a straight 2 run race as apposed to a qualificarion race.

I am giving it a few more days because of the postal strikes before I finalize the start list therefore I will post details re protests & qualification numbers then.

Anne

quaker

Post by quaker » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:19 am

Anne,

I see from the start list that there will be 40 boats (including a minimum 5 from the cadet class) to qualify for the semis.
Does that mean that there is no specific Prem qualification criteria (i.e. we are all bundled in with the international qualification)?

Anne

Post by Anne » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:39 am

Qualification will be 40 prem paddlers, all internationals who fall within this number will also qualify plus a minimum of 5 cadets. Same will go for other classes.

thanks for asking the question - hadn't really considered that one!