Peterborough Winter Slalom - Come and see the new Building!!!

Discuss past and future events
Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:09 pm

Yes folks it is only ONE WEEK to the first Proteus Winter Slalom. So get the boats out, blow of the dust of the last couple of weeks and head to the hills of East Anglia. . well nearly.

I am back from a season off, just do not ask me about it or you COULD get the story of a terrible August week, I do not care I will bore for England on the "poor me" front :(

It's winter slalom time again. A fun event, with prizes (and cakes!, and Sweets!) in all ages and all divisions.

Remember the old fashion relaxed slaloms where people talked to one anther, well that's us.

Run to div 1-4 rules (best run counts) with the extra rule of "if you fall in accidently you get a free hot drink".

Course design by a fresh new designer, so should be interesting. :;):

AND Best of all, we finally got through planning permission, and building regs about a month ago, so we should have the shell of the new building. Hopefully completed, and just waiting for us to fit it out. Come and gaze at it's impressive majesty, and stay to buy food from the beautiful woman running the canteen (yes I have conned my wife into doing it again!) If it is nasty, then just volunteer to help her and you can be warm and dry while your child/partner has fun on the course.

Course erection from 9:30 on Saturday, so practice from as early as you want on Sunday, entries from as soon as I am set up, and start aimed at noon.

See you all there
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Dee

Post by Dee » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:04 pm

I presume "If it is nasty" means the weather not your wife or the food!
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:47 am

My Wife is never nasty, and the food is great. For even implying it I would ban you from buying any, but David and Forbes alone acounts for 50% of the profit!

:D
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.

Carlr

Post by Carlr » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:00 pm

Its good to see you are back!!!!!!! You have been to quiet for to long. Look forward to a good fun slalom on Sunday. I hope you have booked some warmer weather for the day.

Geebs

Post by Geebs » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:51 pm

Another great event, well organised and run to time.

A big thank you to Colin and the team for an enjoyable day, even the weather forecast was wrong no rain or sleet all day, they say 'the sun shines on the richeous' this time it was Proteus's turn.

See you next month for round 2 :D
Paddle fast,,,Paddle safe Yorkshire Canoe Coaching

Jeff

Post by Jeff » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:43 am

Yes, thanks to Colin, Kate et all for a good day.
The weather was indeed very kind. Those that drove in from the West found that the rain stopped as they crossed the A1 - less than 5 miles away!
As Geebs says, the event ran on time, despite a hand written start list!

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:48 pm

:D Glad you had a good time, sorry about the lack of results on the day, they are available on The Proteus Web Site and I will send them to Nick P for canoeslalom shortly.

See you all on 16 December

Carlr

Post by Carlr » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:56 pm

Well done to all at Proteus for putting on another excellent winter race, see you for the next one on the 16th December.

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:25 am

I concur, it was a great day out. I even claimed my free coffee and enjoyed the chocolate cake - yum.

See you in December...

Dee

Post by Dee » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:40 pm

Sorry we didn't make it, hope it didn't make too much of a dent in the canteen profits.

Hoping to come on the 16th though complete with an extra mouth to feed who is yet to experience kayaking.

Any chance of borrowing a boat (K1) and helmet please?
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:36 pm

Of Course, was that a C1 or a C2? (You did say boat) Or is this newby one of those strange people who do it on both sides and wants a kayak? :D