Second Peterborough Event nearly here - 16th December

Discuss past and future events
Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:18 pm

Yes its that time again, Peterborough hosts the second 2007 Winter series event on Sunday 16th December.

The building is progressing (slowly); we now have electricity in it, although no changing rooms (yet).
The event promises to be wonderful, with another excellent course, relaxed friendly folk doing timing and judging, beautiful canteen ladies again and prizes, sweets and cakes again. :D

Come along have fun, enjoy the home made food, and mince pies, but do not drink too much or you will hallucinate about seeing CP on the water in a kayak! :laugh:
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Dee

Post by Dee » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:33 pm

Following on from previous thread - the newbie is not lopsided and will want to paddle both sides of the boat to ensure that he remains that way
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Kate

Post by Kate » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:21 pm

do not drink too much or you will hallucinate about seeing CP on the water in a kayak!

CP - does this mean you're actually going to paddle this time!?!

Carlr

Post by Carlr » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:42 am

Come on Kate surely you know CP by now, he will only be floating around.

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:16 am

Carl is right, even if I find a boat big enough for my bloated frame, and paddle flat out round the course, I will still just be floating around. . . :p
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:55 am

Less than a week to go to THE Slalom of event of the second half of December. The one that Carl is threatening to paddle C2 at. Does he have a boat? is anyone man enough to paddle with him? (or is that mad enough :D )
Course erection from 9:30 Saturday, practice from whenever you get there, event starting at the new EARLIER time of 11:30!!

See you all there

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:21 am

Assuming all is well I should be there with a shiny/ sparkly C2 to paddle. Depending on the weather though I may not have a partner...

P.S. Have drysuit will travel!!!

Carlr

Post by Carlr » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:09 pm

Well CP we have a boat you wont be able to miss us (bit bright) and more importantly i have someone to paddle with (Though not going to give it away just yet who that is). Were as mad as each other so should be a bit of fun, but we will be looking at washing the dust off it on Sunday and giving the youngsters a run for there money!! If the weather is ok the C1 may even get a wash. heres looking at another excellent Proteus winter slalom event (hopefully with some water to play on as well). I hope you have booked the sun for the day. I heard you may have had some sneaky training sessions (ooops i mean floating sessions) recently, must be getting serious!!!

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:05 pm

Yes I go training every day. I go to Peterborough, and get in a big train, and train all the way to London. Then have a second session to train all the way home.
Trouble is first one leaves at 06:40, second frequently ends at 20:00 - so no time for getting in a boat! Not been in my C1 since the Nene.

See you all on Sunday! :D

jake vkc

Post by jake vkc » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:14 pm

is the water going to behave itself this weekend??

see you there!

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:19 pm

Well the course is up, there is light in the club (not much else yet). 'Er indoors has made the cakes all we need is paddlers. See you all there (I hope)

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:07 am

Thanks for another good day out :-)

My toes have nearly defrosted... !

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:04 am

and it was the first time that I have not swum at Orton Mere...!

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:57 pm

Sorry for the delay in posting the results, the PC that was being used has decided to sulk and will not let me get at the results - or the work related 'stuff' hiding on its hard drive. . .
An engineer has been called to give it a stern talking too, and stop it sulking just beaciuse it was left alone while I went off and floated round the course slowly! :D

jake vkc

Post by jake vkc » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:39 pm

thanks to everyone from proteus cc for organising another great event!
another great days racing