Shepperton Div 2/1 - 1st/2nd March

Discuss past and future events
Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:21 am

I am pretty sure Cat was a Sunday paddler if it is the same Cat as on UKRGB!

PaulBolton

Post by PaulBolton » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:20 am

I thought Shapperton was a really well run and friendly slalom and that Dee and her team did a great job.

Kazz, why are you so desperate for the results, me thinks you are a bit of a control freak. Does it really matter if it takes 2 seconds or 2 weeks to publish! I can't understand your keenness for them or your wilingness to (unnecessarily) publicly criticise those who gave us a great weekend.

Username

Post by Username » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:32 pm

I was indeed a Sunday paddler. Nicky was typing for me, blame him for the typo, should have been "crosses". I did them ok-ish on my practice run, swam on the 3rd cross on my first run, and didn't want to risk ending up without a time, so went the whole way round, every time, on my second run. And I wasn't last, 3 people behind me in fact. I was, however, utterly knackered; by the 3rd time round the bottom I was struggling to actually move upstream. Got roughly the same points as I did on a fairly easy div 1/2 course at Llandysul last year though, so it was no better or worse a result than I am used to (although the time was a lot longer) :)

Yes, I'm the same Cat as UKRGB - who are you, Munchkin? My favourite Baldock Babe by any chance? Dee, I am also known as Catherine from Shepperton SCC, you know who I am, maybe. Apologies, I was one of the people who sent a wrong entry card. I have no idea why, it wasn't my present/past/anyone I know's bib number, I put a completely random number down as my bib number on one side of the card (it was correct on the other side).

Cheers for organising the weekend, it was muchly fun, after organising races myself I know how horrendous it is - and how daunting it is to think you've finished and then realise there are hours and hours and hours of work on results today, quite aside from hours and hours and hours of paid employment that you haven't done for the past month to catch up on.

Dee

Post by Dee » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:35 pm

Ah "Username" - now I know who you are - Glad to here that there aren't still paddlers out there completing their 3-week runs (especially as the course is down)

Now if we could just manage to organise the same weather next year....
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:27 am

Cat - indeed I am. See you on Saturday - you are not playing us this week so you should be safe :-P