Winter Slalom Fun!! - Yes it is that time again!! Peterborough

Discuss past and future events
Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:27 pm

Yes it's almost time for Peterborough Winter Slalom again. Next weekend is the first of the events for this season. A fun event for all people of all standards, with prizes galore and friendly people.

The only thing thats not being friendly is the weir. Lots of water, but we will rig a course suitabel for all.

So if you want to keep fit, or remember low stress events, with friendly folk, or just come and look at the wonderful new building, then come on down!!

:D
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

* Naomi *

Post by * Naomi * » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:55 pm

How much does it cost to enter?

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:29 pm

Hi Naomi :)
Entries will close between 11 and 12 depending on when I get my act together and how many people turn up.

Entry Fees - £5 for div 2 and above,
£4 for div 3/4 adults
and £3 for div 3/4 Juniors.
£1 discount for entering in a second (or subsequent) boat.

SO how many classes will you be paddling?

See you all Sunday
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:04 am

Will there be lots of cakes to purchase??? Yum!!!

Ooops, you seem to have jumped to the top again... :cool:

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:16 am

Not sure about the selling bit, but the wonderful 'er indoors' is icing prize cakes again!!

Carlr

Post by Carlr » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:27 am

Well i see you have booked the cold weather for the weekend, so i hope theres plenty of hot coffee on the go. will see you on sunday and i hope the weir has sorted itself out.

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:33 pm

Congratulations, that should have been billed as the nice sunny day slalom! Let's hope the next one is like that too.

See you all soon.

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:36 pm

Congratulations, that should have been billed as the nice sunny day slalom! Let's hope the next one is like that too.

See you all soon.

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:45 pm

Thanks to all who came, sorry that I had not updated the web site. I hope to get to something this week, and to post the results.

Congratulations to all who won prizes, thanks to all who helped to set up, run to take the slalom down.

If you missed it or Whimped due to the weather (CARL. . ) then do not forget the next one in a fortnight. See you then!

Geebs

Post by Geebs » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:02 pm

Hi Colin

Thank you and your team for a great day, the weather was kind to you (having looked at the forecast the night before and saw snow predicted) but just about wall to wall sunshine all day :D

See you in two weeks time :p

Cheers Graeme
Paddle fast,,,Paddle safe Yorkshire Canoe Coaching

Carlr

Post by Carlr » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:05 am

[If you missed it or Whimped due to the weather (CARL. . )]

Family commitments at the last moment and not enough hours in the day to get everything sorted. But i will be there in 2 weeks time.

Carl

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:03 pm

It's not Too late
If you missed last weekend, then you can still ocme to the next event, on Sunday 7th December.

I have finally got round to updating the Proteus Web Site, with results and even directions to the winter slalom!

See you on Sunday week! :O

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:48 am

Big up to the Proteus Peeps who staged another very enjoyable mini slalom. A nice course that was very suitable for all together with yummy energy-giving bacon and egg rolls! Huge applause from me for the very determined and hardy paddler who tried defiantly to roll on his practice run and both timed runs only to end up swimming each time. Wearing just a pair of shorts on your bottom half, you are my "man of the match" and no mistake! Your prize was both thoughtful and very appropriate!

Aside from having victory snatched away from me by a poor judging decision on gate 10, I thoroughly enjoyed myself :-) That put me from 1st to 3rd :-( But things are looking hot in the Veteran class when three of us are within two seconds of one another! Lovin' that! :-) And, of course, had there been age banding, I would have had the over 50 cake for sure :-)

I will be there in two weeks to have another stab at one of those yummy cakes! And I am already rustling up more entries from VKC to see if we can take the lions share of those cakes! Come on you other Clubs....we missed out on Interclubs this year so lets have a final reckoning!

:-)
Peter Parker - 12 gate courses are plenty long enough!

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:39 pm

OOOhhh... I think there might be another one of these this Sunday. Same time, same place, more cakes?

Geebs

Post by Geebs » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:07 pm

Plus the new Rainbow SL350 slalom boats will be making their debut, even more reason to be there :;):
Paddle fast,,,Paddle safe Yorkshire Canoe Coaching