Stafford & Stone Mini's

Discuss past and future events
Dadstaxi

Post by Dadstaxi » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:49 am

Okay there's less than a week to go to the last in the series.

As before the course will go up at around 11am on the Saturday allowing free practice from around 1pm on Saturday through to 1045-ish on the Sunday. Entries will close at about 1015.

Being the last of the three minis there will be a 10 boat final at the end, made up of those paddlers who have attended all three events with the best results.

See you all on Sunday

DT

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:21 am

Yet another "Big Up" to the S&S Crew both outside the clubhouse and in it :-) Lurvly staggery course too :-) One of the Vikings fancied a C1 run and within 2 minutes of asking if a club boat was available, there it was! Brilliant! I captured a handful of the top ten on video and, due to the wonders of modern technology, I was able to upload it to the lappy, edit it, title it and lay a sound track over it i the backseat of the car on the way home! For this reason, it is already on Vimeo here:-

http://vimeo.com/3326416

It is actually also in my "slalomvids" ID on YouTube but the quality of the upload there is nowhere near as good :-(

On a personal note, I wish to continue to express my thanks to all those who ask me how the boat situation is going! Some dont know its been recovered, some dont know Jim McC has it and is about to repair it. But as I walked around today several smashing folk (you know who you are) were very sympathetic and obviously pleased, of course, that it was being sorted :-) I love this community :-)
Peter Parker - 12 gate courses are plenty long enough!

Dadstaxi

Post by Dadstaxi » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:07 am

Spiderman

Great video. Glad the music was loud enough to drown out my words of encouragement.

Glad you enjoyed yourself and hope to see yourself and the Viking contingent at next years pre-season event.

cheers
DT

General Flangecustard

Post by General Flangecustard » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:40 pm

Super video. I really enjoyed the mini series,big up to the S&S club.
I finally got a S&S mug :) (even though it was only for competing at all three events).
Now looking forward to the season starting :)

WM

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:23 am

Thanks for the kind words regarding the video :-) I think it assists the sport to get it online in the general public domain and I also think it is one of the best training aids for those who wish to improve at it.

And for those of you who cannot wait for the official results, I have uploaded a pic of those posted on the wall here:-

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/4096/ss3res.jpg

However, this does not include the final top ten event which was great to watch!
Peter Parker - 12 gate courses are plenty long enough!

jke

Post by jke » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:23 pm

The course saw the introduction of the first UK "single pole" to negotiate.

Is there any feedback on the use of the single pole, particularly on this standard of water. I am considering single poles for my club's event, if for no other reason than to make course maintenance easier, but if I have to place a second pole on the bank [Rule 27.1 "In the case of only one (1) pole gate, a second pole will be placed on the respective bank side to define the gate line"] there doesn't seem much benefit.
John Kent