Great Britain Teams

Discuss past and future events
Kazz

Post by Kazz » Mon May 18, 2009 1:10 pm

Great britain slalom teams have been announced following selection, just wondering what is the procedure/policy if someone drops out, i know it says for the juniors going to foix that remaining places will be offered to junior athletes from the U18 selection points table (has this table been published?)
What happens to the older athletes, it is very important that all athletes are made aware if they have made the team as a result of others dropping out as they need to make travel etc arrangements ???

chauffeur

Post by chauffeur » Mon May 18, 2009 5:00 pm

It would be very useful to have the table published for the very reason you mention.

Seedy Paddler

Post by Seedy Paddler » Mon May 18, 2009 6:12 pm

Considering the selection Statement is published on the main website, I would have thought first thing is to check that:

GBR Team Statement

Indicates who are down for reserves, highlights that selected team members had until 15th May to advise their competition plans and advises that C2 Junior Teams may still gain selection through results at teh Pan-Celtic on 6th June.

Given they have only just closed off the submissions from the main team, I would estimate it may be later this week that the nominated reserve boats may start to hear on opportunities to represent GBR. Doubt if the International Panel and GBR Team Management will forego a weekend just to turn the invites around.

chauffeur

Post by chauffeur » Mon May 18, 2009 6:48 pm

A list of results with the selection points has gone up previous years. This year the races the paddlers wish to go for abroad is impacted on by their position in selection so a table would be useful. The selection policy doesn't tell you this unless you sit and work out all the points yourself.

Kazz

Post by Kazz » Mon May 18, 2009 11:15 pm

Would have thought that a results table for all categories would have been published, I thought i'd missed it. Not only would it help to identify those who had been selected and those who were reserves but also provide information to paddlers on how their performance compared with others, after all not all those taking part expected to be selected but took part after paying their fees, I think the least they could expect would be a results table, be it junior, U23 or senior ??? ???

jim croft

Post by jim croft » Tue May 19, 2009 9:29 am

The points Table has been sent to Nick to be put on the web
Jim

chauffeur

Post by chauffeur » Wed May 20, 2009 8:05 am

:D to see the results - thanks.

The Senior C1W and U23 C1W should read the same order though and aren't.