ACM next Saturday - Chance to be more involved...!

Discuss past and future events
Anne

Post by Anne » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:27 am

Next Saturday is the slalom ACM - It would be great to see lots of you there! If you are passionate about the sport it is an opportunity to have your say - but only clubs can vote make sure your club has consulted it's membership!

Anyone wanting to come and have lunch provided must contact Jim Croft by tomorrow (Monday) as NWSC needs 6 days to prepare!!!!!

We have a number of vacancies on the committee this year - do you want to be part of the future of the sport?? Now is your chance - are you dynamic and passionate about the future of Slalom?? Then you need to get your club to nominate you or be at the ACM, I am sure we can find 2 clubd to nominate & seconf you! Remember the less people trying to run the sport the less we can do so this is important to everyone.

We particularly need someone to take on Marketing and Publicity.

For any further information e-mail me!!

Thanks
Anne

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:23 pm

If there are any existing descriptions of the roles (aka job specs) how about posting them so that we know what sort of arm to twist?
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

jim croft

Post by jim croft » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:34 pm

:( Don't forget if you are collecting your club votes you MUST Produce your National Association Membership Card (You have been warned)
Jim

Anne

Post by Anne » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:56 pm

As well as marketing & publicity we have Strategic Planning vacant. This is a role I see at following up and perhaps researching new ideas - how to take the sport forwaed to inrease pariciapation and improve paddler safisfaction. Would ideally work fairly closely with the marketing & publicity.

There is another vacant position which has rpreviously been coaching. However with the development of the England Committee who are working closely with the regional coaches and the appointment of Russ Smith into the coach development role &we feel that that role is better served at WEngland level so a new posiition could be developed.

Geebs

Post by Geebs » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:22 am

Talking of roles, there was talk of having a Safety Officer(s) some years ago to oversee safety at events and make recomendations, did this die a death?
Paddle fast,,,Paddle safe Yorkshire Canoe Coaching

jim croft

Post by jim croft » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:47 am

Read page 7 2009 Slalom Yearbook :angry:

Geebs

Post by Geebs » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:08 pm

jim croft wrote:Read page 7 2009 Slalom Yearbook :angry:

Very :angry: I would love to for many years as a volunteer slalom coach I always received one, sadly this is no longer the case neither are my details in the yearbook anymore!

Don't strain yourself to answer the question I will borrow a book!

"Valuing Volunteers"?
Paddle fast,,,Paddle safe Yorkshire Canoe Coaching