Super Slalom Sundays

Discuss past and future events
Kazz

Post by Kazz » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:36 am

Hi Nicky do you think you could keep us southerners up to date with the weather conditions up north just want to make sure we can get up for the weekend :D

GlennRoberts

Post by GlennRoberts » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:18 pm

Kazz

Travel news from BBC is not encouraging: Heavy snow prompts travel warning in North East

I hope Nicky can let us know soon how this will affect the area we need to travel to.

Nicky

Post by Nicky » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:15 pm

Hi all!

The weekend is still going to be on, but be careful on your way there. Make sure you do all of the usual things like have some warm clothes hot drinks etc in case you get stuck etc, but if you are worried stay at home.

There is not much more snow forecast and the roads were passable today. For the most up to date info check out http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/tod ... de=barnard castle

Check the travel news before you set off as there is potential for some road closures (particularly the A66), so have a quick check before you set off.

See all of you brave people at the weekend, leave yourself plenty of time and stick to the main roads as far as possible.

Nicky

GlennRoberts

Post by GlennRoberts » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:27 pm

Kazz

What Nicky described matched the information provided by Traffic England Website; enable Adverse Weather and Traffic Cameras, and zoom into the area above Ripon (junction of A66 and A1.) It is possible to view the road conditions on route by selecting particular traffic cameras (the nearest is on the A1.)

I'll check again before we leave, but looks good at the moment.

Glenn

Kazz

Post by Kazz » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:15 pm

Oooooo i like this traffic england website thanks glen you are right it looks fine at the moment and not much more forecast heres to super slalom sundays and saturdays :D

Nicky

Post by Nicky » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:36 am

Hi, I hope you've all checked the travel warnings before coming.

I was looking at the weather forcasts and they don't seem too bad, the A66 is closed, which isn't too unexpected, but the snow expected isn't too much. However, the usual busy road outside my house is not even remotely visible!

so THE RACE TODAY IS CANCELLED!

Apologies for the late notice, but we couldn't have known sooner.

See you all soon

Nicky