Winter in Wonderland - Proteus Winter 13Dec slalom - ITS CHRISTMASS!!! (well nearly)

Discuss past and future events
Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:18 am

But entry fees are non refundable, and I am sure that Minchkin and I herad an entry - didnt we?

Seriously, course erection from 10am Saturday, all welcome.

A good end to the year, then you can start the year with Tees Tigers in January!
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Geebs

Post by Geebs » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:56 pm

Hope you have a grate day tomorrow, but with the Washburn running as well it was a close call, but the Washburn one on the grounds that it was slightly closer.

Will miss teh grate catering though :(

Spelting misstakes intentional for Colin ???
Paddle fast,,,Paddle safe Yorkshire Canoe Coaching

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:18 pm

Whoop! Well done guys. So many people and a great fish cake... :D

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:35 pm

Thanks to all who came, hope you enjoyed yourself, and to clever captures who will be paying for the 'I wish I was somewhere else' prize. Danny Acquisto from HYM Cops was a worthy winner at his first event. I gather he inspected the fishes in practice, and improved on second runs from 358 penalties to 310. Certainly did not look like he wanted to be somewhere else at prize giving. :D

Another close thing for Jake, only 9 seconds clear!

Mucho thanks to all the helpers, the course went up very quickly and was fettled this morning with minimum fuss, dead easy
And Thanks to those I cinned inot judging, great job guys.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.

James Prowse

Post by James Prowse » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:15 pm

Tanks from those of us from HHCC, I think I speak for everyone there when I say we had a great time. Thanks for a great day.

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:17 pm

Results available on canoe slalom web site - Thanks Nick

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:13 pm

I suffered a bit of heat stroke yesterday as I was foolish enough to go out to a shooting range in the middle of the day! I really was somewhere very warm indeed! Glad the event went well and from the comment above it seems the 'fish cake' (I love that description!) was worth winning....I do hope a picture exists as Im sure the fish cake no longer does!!

I am off to do some white water rafting in the not too distant future so I have a feeling I will be doing the fish thing myself soon!

PP :-)
Peter Parker - 12 gate courses are plenty long enough!

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:18 pm

Despite hating you for the sun, we do have photos of the Clever Captures 'I wish I was anywhere else but here' prize before it was given out. I too am sure it does not exist any more as there was a request in canteen for a knife to cut it! And no tartare sauce either - different sort of fish cake.

Hope to get photos on the web shortly, but if you let me have an email address I can send you some. (OK not up to Love Maes standards, but thats what you get for not being here!)

Sorry no pictures of the actual prize giving, but I would have been in those and that would have ruined it! :D

jhall

Post by jhall » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:20 pm

Just to say a big thank you to all for running the event. I really enjoyed myself as ever and am full of admiration for all who make it possible. Happy Christmas to you all.

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:05 pm

Oh my goodness! Love Mae and I just got around to looking on the Proteus website and have now seen the "Fishcake"! How brilliant is THAT! Mrs CP deserves a hearty slap on the back (or at least a big hug) for the work that went into that. Even crediting us as well....we are so pleased here (currently, "here" is the departure lounge at Hong Kong airport on our way home. Love Mae just commented "If its too cold when we get back I will just hop on the next plane back here!)

Brilliant!

:-)
Peter Parker - 12 gate courses are plenty long enough!