Winter in Wonderland - Proteus Winter 13Dec slalom - ITS CHRISTMASS!!! (well nearly)

Discuss past and future events
Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:59 pm

:D Yes folks its self publicity time again!

A fun November event is being followed by the December Winter Slalom Spectacular! :p

Once again a fun day out for all the family, a friendly course, and organiser that wants your money, but not too much of it, entries only £5 for div 2 and above, £3/2 for Div 3/4 Senior/Junior with discount for entering more than one class.

Prizes galore! Many divisions, many bits, the most recent event had glass/china, cakes, sweets. Helath warnign entere three classes, and you could put on POUNDS! (or make your driver happy)

So 13 December, be there for the pre Christmas fun, will it be cakes, or mince pies, or both?
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:27 pm

Oh dear Colin, I am struggling to get to you this year :-(

You put the last one on Remembrance Sunday (and as someone who is eternally grateful for his comfortable life here I never miss attending that) and now the next one is whilst I am on the other side of the globe! No, I cannot come back just to race there, not even for the brilliantly well organised and run event that it is! I shall, instead, be lazing by a pool somewhere in 30 degrees (all those birds can't be wrong flying somewhere warmer for winter!) and think of you all queing up for hot soup and tea! Despite this, my competitive nature will make me miss the event but, if nobody else has an equivilent reason for attending, I do hope they will be heading your way!

Actually, how about I sponsor a suitable cake-themed prize? Maybe it could be called the "I-would-rather-be-somewhere-warm" award and you can present it to the person who spent the most time swimming instead of paddling! If you concur, I will square you up with a tenner for you to purchase (or possibly manufacture knowing your wifes catering expertise?) something suitable. Maybe a couple of litres of "ice" cream or a big box of "iced" buns? I would feel happier knowing that some frozen soul has, at least, gained something for their suffering whilst I am frying alive!!:-)

PP
Peter Parker - 12 gate courses are plenty long enough!

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:23 pm

You are on Peter, One 'best fish of the Day' prize to be sourced! I realised too late that the 8th was rememberence day this year, so we had a two minute silence for 95% of the people there, even the poor bloke who came up to me at 11:59 to ask if he could borrow a lifejacket. If you read this, sorrythat I was almost rude, but you seemed to undertsand at the time!

Have a good time in the warm Peter, see you in the new year (unless we meet at the ACM)
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:15 pm

Okey dokey Colin. Consider the award coming from Clever Captures please as both Love Mae and I are very happy to put a little back into the community that gives us such good target practice with the cameras! And on that subject, if the award is edible, please get a pic of it! :-)
Peter Parker - 12 gate courses are plenty long enough!

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:39 pm

'Er indoors has been commissioned to produce soemthing suitable. She went all thoughtful, but there will be a :

"Clever Captures - I-would-rather-be-somewhere-warm" prize for either 'best fish of the day' or 'most fishes of the day' or 'tried the utmost but just did not get there' depending on the number and duration of swims.

(I am hoping for zero swims, so that I can reward someone who tried hard even of it did not quite work) :D

Thanks Spiderman

Seedy Paddler

Post by Seedy Paddler » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:38 pm

This looks like a piece of Scottish Medieval History manifesting itself in modern day Peterborough.

Tale was that prior to Bannockburn Robert the Bruce, having had his butt spanked, took refuge in a cave. There he watched a spider spinning a web and noticed that with the gentle breeze the spider needed many attempts to get the threads strung. Eventually the spider completed the web and caught it's prey. Taking this a motivation Bruce set forth for Bannockburn and another tilt at the invading English masses. Despite being outnumbered and facing one of the most significant heavy calvery forces of their day. Bruce inspired tactics and motivation won the day..... :p

So Spiderman and CP combine to offer a prize (hopefully - as it is winter) for those to try, try and try again..... :cool:

I wonder if any Roberts or Bruces will enter ?

CD

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:27 pm

I wonder if any Roberts or Bruces will enter

Do not expect any australians but all are welcome :D

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:21 am

Oooh... Looks like this event is coming up soon...

Now, after all the comments at the ACM, it looks like I need to find myself some C2 partners... :D

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:40 pm

Woo hoo... Not long now. I even have a C2 partner lined up... Any more?

Geebs

Post by Geebs » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:34 pm

What's the start time CP?

And will you be in a Santa suit :D
Paddle fast,,,Paddle safe Yorkshire Canoe Coaching

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:06 pm

I am pretty sure that it is registration until late morning, event start at 12?

What I can't remember is whether Sue Bright is suposed to be C2ing with CP or Steve??? If CP, seeing him C2 in a Santa outfit would be well worth paying the entry fee for!

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:38 am

Gosh its the Wednesday before the event ALREADY. Are you all packed and ready to come for the best event in December?

The course will go up on Saturday from 10am if anyone wants to come and help. Then be available for free practice.

Sunday I willstart taking your (very reasonable) entry fees at about 10 (simple times - I cant handle complex at my age!) With the event starting around noon.

I worry about Munchkin, what is she on down there? Me in a Santa suit - or a kayak? The first is John's perogative and the second is just perverse! I am not old enough for nappy boats yet, thats NEXT season :D

Geebs

Post by Geebs » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:20 pm

Thank you kind sir for your reply :;):

Sounds like a fun day is on the cards as normal :D
Paddle fast,,,Paddle safe Yorkshire Canoe Coaching

Bus Driver

Post by Bus Driver » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:48 pm

Hi Colin (and Mr and Mrs Munchkin)

Please accept our most deep and sincere appologies but we will be unable to attend "winter in wonderland" due to the type of commitments that pay the mortgage, so to speak.

Believe me when I tell you that I would like nothing better than to see Sue in a C2 with father christmas (or is this just a scam to get a girl in a boat..........)

Hope to see you all soon and please eat Sues prize for her!!

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:05 pm

Bus Driver wrote:Please accept our most deep and sincere appologies but we will be unable to attend "winter in wonderland" due to the type of commitments that pay the mortgage, so to speak.
People still do that???!!! I guess that is where I have been going wrong for the past 10 months!!!

I am sure Colin will accept his payment at the Div 3/ 4 events next summer :-)