Matlock - Div 2/3

Discuss past and future events
oldandslow

Post by oldandslow » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:04 pm

Only a month to go to your favourite Derbyshire slalom. Don't forget to get your entries in on time to avoid the dreaded judging rota. As ever, late entrants may have to judge.

Prems, Div1's and Div 4's you are all very welcome to enter the Officials' Competition. This competition has been revived this year and the current rankings for this are now on the website.

If you don't want to paddle you are still welcome to judge, if you know how. Parents & Partners why not avoid the crush and fumes of the A6 for a comfy river-side seat!
Life is what happens when you're making other plans.

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:07 am

Looking forward to it (particularly the food!). My entry should (hopefully) be with you now :)

Now to start the sun dance...

oldandslow

Post by oldandslow » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:27 pm

There's less than 2 weeks to go now to Matlock slalom - the weather and river are both perfect at the moment. (Killer is just showing his nose!). Keep your fingers crossed that they stay that way.

Please let me have your entry before the event if you can. There will be no "Late Entry Fee" if I recieve your cards by post by Thursday 22nd April, as it's much less stressful than "entries-on-the-day" - and there is a high chance that you will end up on the judges rota if you do leave it to the last minute.

Thanks to everyone who has entered already, the startlist is in the calander for you to check you're there (with entries received up to Saturday).

See you all soon,

Donna

oldandslow

Post by oldandslow » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:55 pm

I've just been away and couldn't open the door for entries... thanks everyone! I'll sort them out when I get back from Bala tomorrow and ask Nick to post a new startlist.

oldandslow

Post by oldandslow » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:20 pm

The new start list is up - thanks Nick. The river's still looking perfect and the weather forcast good. Keep your entries coming. I will be taking entries up to 9.45 on Saturday and 9.15 on Sunday. If I get your entry by post on Thursday, there will be no "late-entry-fee" to pay.

oldandslow

Post by oldandslow » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:07 pm

Thanks to everyone who came to Matlock and made it an amazing competition. It will take me a few days to check all the cards, but I'll get the final results on here as soon as I can. Thanks to everyone who helped in any way.
Donna.

Found: 1 hat!

davebrads

Post by davebrads » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:36 pm

Thanks Donna for running a great event. Good challenging courses despite the low water level.

Slapdash Sal

Post by Slapdash Sal » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:45 pm

Ditto - A good w/e - well organised and lots of judges so judging stints were short.
It was a good turn out - A big thanks to Donna and the Matlock team.

Slapdash

Mr Munchkin

Post by Mr Munchkin » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:46 pm

Here here... Great event all round, bar the monsoon-style rain shower. :cool:

Well done and thank you...

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:13 pm

The monsoon styleeee rain shower was great, I was lovely and cosy in the caravan :-)

I concur with the others though, nice, relaxing event and a lot of competitors!

Fup Duck

Post by Fup Duck » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:48 am

what's the hat like?

oldandslow

Post by oldandslow » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:57 pm

brown and woolly. Too warm to wear in tropical Matlock!!!

Fup Duck

Post by Fup Duck » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:39 am

I was videoing at the time of the monsoon. The camera stopped working even though I tried to put it under my shirt. I've always thought that videos and wet t-shirts had a place, but obviously not on me.

oldandslow

Post by oldandslow » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:56 pm

The results for Matlock are now up and included in the rankings. Thanks everyone for coming and congratulations to all those who gained promotion points. I've still got a hat, now washed and living in my boot (car not walking!) until it's claimed.