Tees Div1/2 5/6 June

Discuss past and future events
Geebs

Post by Geebs » Fri May 21, 2010 9:21 pm

Just a quick question, with the water levels being so low in the rivers, will this event take place?

As Abbey can be very rocky with no water?
Paddle fast,,,Paddle safe Yorkshire Canoe Coaching

Nicky

Post by Nicky » Wed May 26, 2010 11:59 pm

I don't think i've ever seen it low enough so that a course can't be set or you can't get down the river...

It is very low at the moment, but Darren's been up in the week and even at levels currentky, a 1/2 course is on the cards, obviously not as good as high water, but still a 1/2 course.

With is being half term we'll be able to get up there in the week to chuck some boards in to guide the river up top and there's always a shoot over the falls what ever the level.

No worries, it'll be on.

Nicky

p.s. get your entries in quick, we are looking like it'll fill up as we've got a pile already, start list will be published on monday and amended on Thursday. Don't just expect to be able to turn up on the day at this one, get in touch...

Nick Penfold

Post by Nick Penfold » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:45 pm

RussJohnson

Post by RussJohnson » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:47 pm

can i ask why Dates of birth have been published on the start list?
Russell Johnson
HALIFAX Canoe Club - West Yorkshire Canoe Club

Nick Penfold

Post by Nick Penfold » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:03 pm

Yes, by mistake. Now removed.

RussJohnson

Post by RussJohnson » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:12 pm

thank you
Russell Johnson
HALIFAX Canoe Club - West Yorkshire Canoe Club

Nicky

Post by Nicky » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:12 am

I think that we have a new first this weekend!

About half of the people entered this weekend haven't sent either cards, cash, entered late without payment, haven't completed card correctly etc etc...

Not wanting to sound like too much of a grump, but it is a nightmare for event organisors!

In preparation for the mad rush on Saturday morning with nearly 60 people having RTC next to their name, control will be open in the campsite on Friday evening. For those of you travelling up on Friday, please make sure that you come and sort things out then.

On Saturday, please don't leave it until the last minute to come to control, we don't want the event to run late with such a full field of competitors (i've received another 6 entries today...)

See you all there at the weekend, here's hoping for some good weather!

Nicky

MikeR

Post by MikeR » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:43 pm

How will entries for the team runs work? Will we be allowed to enter on the day, or will you want entries the night before or earlier?

Carlr

Post by Carlr » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:27 pm

[Yes there'll be open team event on Saturday afternoon after the main event. Anyone can enter, and we'll be taking entries on the day...]

jsrevell

Post by jsrevell » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:47 am

Nicky wrote:I think that we have a new first this weekend!

About half of the people entered this weekend haven't sent either cards, cash, entered late without payment, haven't completed card correctly etc etc...

Not wanting to sound like too much of a grump, but it is a nightmare for event organisors!

In preparation for the mad rush on Saturday morning with nearly 60 people having RTC next to their name, control will be open in the campsite on Friday evening. For those of you travelling up on Friday, please make sure that you come and sort things out then.

On Saturday, please don't leave it until the last minute to come to control, we don't want the event to run late with such a full field of competitors (i've received another 6 entries today...)

See you all there at the weekend, here's hoping for some good weather!

Nicky
Apologies; Louise entered early as Div2; just need to top-up the entry fee and correct the entry card now she has gained promotion. The Tayside Brigade will be travelling on Friday evening and may arrive late. What time will Race Control open on Saturday?

Shuttle Mummy

Post by Shuttle Mummy » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:11 am

I see there are no practice runs on the start list for Judges. I take it they have to go on and practice before those for the Div 1 K1M start at 9.00 a.m. yes?

Nicky

Post by Nicky » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:33 am

yeah, it's free practice before official practice, didn't think officials did official practice, or do they?

I'm quite new to all this event running, so I'm quite prepared to change!

See you there!

Nicky

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:12 pm

Thanks for running the event Nicky and making the most of the little water that there was.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

General Flangecustard

Post by General Flangecustard » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:22 pm

Nice event. Really enjoyed my first team run. Pity there was not as much water as last year.

PeterC

Post by PeterC » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:47 pm

Good organisation Nicky - even to the extent of sending me an Umbrella without me even requesting one! Definitely on the ball.:)