Howsham Weir - Not long to go now

Discuss past and future events
djberriman

Post by djberriman » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:03 pm

Not long to go now to the fabulous

Howsham Weir 2 / 3 / (4 Short Course) Double

A great traditional slalom based at Howsham Weir. Camping on site. No organised evening BBQ this year but food will be available on site during the day.

We will be having a fun topo duo race again after prize giving to please bring your duos and be prepared to get wet! An informal game of rounders will probably materialise and I've even got four tennis balls this year just in case someone loses the ball again!

In addition to the usual Div 2/3 we will be running a short course Div 4 event. The short course Div4 will not involve shooting the weir.

Please get your entries in ASAP (by post) and ensure you enclose the correct payment.

PaulBolton

Post by PaulBolton » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:17 pm

Hi Duncan,

Joe and I will be there and really looking forward to attending one of the most beautiful sites on the calendar again.

PB

Nicky

Post by Nicky » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:42 pm

I'll be there along with a ile of tigers, i do hope that tehy are better at entering for you than they were for me! I only had one entry in on time at abbey!

Looking forward to it already! It's gonna be a nice break after national champs in polo the weekend before! We're up to 50 teams and things are coming together!

Nicky

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:07 pm

Updated Howsham Weir Slalom information is now available.

http://www.kkc.org.uk/?page_id=278

Don't forget your topo duo!

Carbon free slalom event - last years was run on Hydro power from the weir and all the equipment used left site fully charged!

andya

Post by andya » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:36 pm

Hope you have a great event folks! I must admit I do like your poster. :cool:

Andy
(D1 K1 1981, D2 C1&C2 2010)

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:38 pm

Provisional start list is now on the club web site - its is very provisional as we expect a great deal of late/on the day entries based on past experience. Will be updated as and when possible.

If you have not sent your entry fee with your cards you will not be listed. Please come to control as early as possible on arrival.

If you have got promoted since sending in your entry please let the organiser know asap but at worst case just let us know on the day and we can quickly sort it out.

http://www.kkc.org.uk/

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:16 am

There is quite a lot of resurfacing work being undertaken on the A1079, so if using the A1079 to get to Howsham suggest you turn off at the Pocklington (B1247) then head for Fangfoss/Full Sutton and then the A166.

Water levels looked good last night.

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:44 pm

Hope it all goes well folks, sorry I will not be there (Sue knows about my shameless wimping!) :)
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Dadstaxi

Post by Dadstaxi » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:17 pm

Just a quick note to the organisers for a great day on Saturday (Sunday probably as good as Saturday - but i wasn't there so can't comment!).
It was great to see so many there from all levels of our Community including top level supporting / coaching the up & coming.

Hope to be back next year to do both days this time

cheers
PB

oldandslow

Post by oldandslow » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:48 am

Great weekend. Thanks all! (Missed the BBQ though - that was brilliant last year :( )
I've just looked at the draft calandar to find that Matlock4 clashes with Howsham next year. That's not going to happen!
Life is what happens when you're making other plans.

oldandslow

Post by oldandslow » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:07 pm

I was just wondering if you had a web address for the photographer?
Life is what happens when you're making other plans.